Pixel Union's agency division tackles a mix of projects, from custom ecommerce experiences, to high-converting marketing sites, to strategy and design systems for digital products. We are looking for a junior to intermediate designer to join our growing team.
Designers here are responsible for creating user experiences and interfaces for our clients, working with other designers, the content team, and our amazing developers. We challenge you to create work that truly fits its needs—this means being able to explain your decisions and motivations. We are a collaborative team. We welcome feedback, involvement, and criticism. This requires strong communication skills, a penchant for deep exploration, an inherent desire to tinker and make things better, your unique perspective, admirable organizational skills, and (of course) time management—because you’re grown up like that.
- Make incredible designs, interfaces, and digital experiences informed by industry standards, best-practices, and your own good sense
- Participate in design- or product-related discussions
- Participate in client-facing presentation of design (pitches, project reports, critiques)
- Inform your design work with data, wherever possible
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends and best practices
- Collaborate with other designers, content creators, developers, and project managers
- Balance production design, professional development, and team participation through effective time management
- Be flexible with the assigned work, whether it’s an internal or external product
- Minimum two years experience producing designs for websites and apps for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Confident in Sketch or Figma. Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Basic understanding of, and experience with, HTML5/CSS3/JS. We don’t expect you to code, but we expect you to know enough to understand how your designs will be translated to the web.
- Experience producing high-quality wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and presentations.
- An understanding of how to design a user experience or workflow.
- An understanding of your own decision making process so that design decisions can be explained and justified to teammates.
- Strong communication skills and an appreciation of teamwork, collaboration, and idea-sharing across disciplines.
- Ability to self-manage based on a defined project timeline.
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive total compensation
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Educational sessions and company-sponsored certifications
- Company-sponsored health and wellness allowance
Posted 8 days ago