Untappd, the premier social drinking app for beer lovers, is looking for a talented UX Designer to help build and maintain our consumer-facing products including the Untappd.com and Untappd app. This position will give you a unique opportunity to build products for a large community of beer drinkers, breweries, and bars. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an Agile work environment, with the ability to take features and products from concept to design, as well as in converting designs into HTML/Sass templates. At this time, we are only accepting candidates from the US, but it is a REMOTE position, meaning you won’t need to relocate.
- Conceptualize, design, test, and refine a variety of design elements including wireframes, visual designs, icons, and much more for both the Untappd app and Untappd.com website.
- Convert finalized visual designs into standards compliant, responsive, HTML & CSS, utilizing Sass.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly reviews, stakeholder reviews, and sprint planning meetings.
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and content strategy following web best practices and UI Guidelines for Android and iOS.
- Learn to speak the language of end users and internal business customers to develop a solid understanding of their needs to translate to designs.
- Actively participate in group critiques of product design and development.
- Research and leverage innovative interaction concepts, including but not limited to: mobile, touch-based, gestural, context-awareness, and speech interfaces.
- Contribute to and maintain UI standards, UX patterns, icon library, and web framework library in a product Style Guide.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and Figma.
- Experience working in an Agile product development environment.
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and maintainable code.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with HTML and CSS using Sass.
- Understanding of A11Y, assistive devices, and Apple / Android accessibility principles to make designs and products more accessible.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to stakeholders.
To succeed in this position, you must…
- Collaborate and communicate with remote teams over Slack and Jira.
- Be incredibly passionate about your work: your friends say you get too excited about anything that piques your interest.
- Be willing to learn: you will be given the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the business and on new product development!
- Competitive salary and top-tier healthcare benefits (including vision and dental)
- Paid daily lunches
Posted about 1 month ago