Senior Product Designer
Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
Design at Handshake
We’re designing the future of college recruiting for students embarking on their careers. From their initial school acceptance letters to their first job offers, we’re committed to understanding and supporting each student as they navigate one of life’s most complex journeys.
Our design team is lean and we scale to cover a lot of ground. We work with most functional roles at Handshake—from product management to engineering; from sales to support—because incorporating knowledge from across the business leads to better design outcomes for our users. Since creativity thrives in diverse and collaborative teams, we’re looking for designers who will complement us and help us become better at what we do.
Your Role at Handshake
Make an impact across Handshake
- Lead design within business verticals or initiatives that directly impacts Handshake’s business
- Partner with product counterparts to determine design direction and quality bar across our experiences
- Work with product management, engineering, comms, marketing, sakes, success, and support to understand our users' stories and deliver cohesive experiences that improve their lives
Elevate our design team
- Lead, inspire, and patiently challenge other designers to grow in their design capabilities
- Define problems that need to be solved, bringing order to the fun, messy chaos that is product design
- Speak on behalf of the design team to communicate our design decisions, both internally and externally
- Bring in new perspectives and opinions from diverse backgrounds, so we can design thoughtful solutions for everyone
Grow and do your best work
- Design and/or guide others towards design solutions that are user-centric, forward thinking, accessible, and intuitive
- Experiment with and introduce alternative methods of approaching design
- Focus on your own growth through new complex design challenges and deliberate practice
- At least 5 years of relevant product design experience
- Consumer design experience coupled with experience with mobile design, interaction design, and visual design
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity: You have experience approaching ambiguous problems by leveraging user research, quantitative analysis, prototyping, or user journeys
- Experience working on and with small, fast-moving teams
- Experience working with constraints, knowing when and how to push beyond them through cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to build and scale: you’ve carried design from conception to delivery and scale
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...and much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Posted 8 days ago