Senior Experience Designer
KBS (kirshenbaum bond senecal + partners) is a global creative communications and technologies company committed to helping companies thrive in today’s tech-infused culture. By creating human purpose in a tech-obsessed world, we deliver integrated business solutions and capabilities including advertising, social marketing, content strategy, CRM, creative technology, experiential, data and analytics, media planning and buying, and product innovation. Headquartered in New York, our global network includes offices in Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, London, and Shanghai. Our clients around the world include Alibaba, American Express, Dean Foods, Hyatt, Jose Cuervo, PODS, Seagrams 7, Stanley Black & Decker, Thomas Cook Group, Unilever, and Vodafone. Most recently, KBS received 3% Certification from gender parity organization The 3% Movement, signifying a high level of workplace inclusion and equality. To learn more about us, please visit www.kbsagency.com or @kbs_agency.
ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking to add a passionate Senior Experience Designer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for concept vision and experience definition across digital platforms. This is very much a hands-on position working with our talented inter-disciplinary teams of visual designers, developers, strategists, copywriters and data analysts.
· Deliver innovative digital experiences through research, strategic insights, prototyping and testing
· Translate business needs into meaningful design executions
· Create personas, customer journeys, flows, site maps, wireframes and design prototypes
· Mentor team members
· Communicate design thinking to client
• 5+ years of interactive design experience
• Agency experience a plus
• Proven experience in designing large-digital experiences or applications
• Excellent collaborator
• Strong problem-solving, ideation and visual communication skills
• Desire to change things up to express great creative experiences
• Be nice, cool, calm and collected
• Knowledge of design tools to generate wires and prototypes (Sketch, Adobe CC Suite etc.)
Roll with the unknown, this is the ad world after all. The goal is to sift through vast quantities of information to find what truly matters. In doing this, we identify core moments — the lily pads that thread an experience together as we hop, skip and dance to find meaning in a mire of uncertainty.
Engage in spontaneous activity. Inspiration and innovation come when you change things up. One way to overcome the overwhelm of the avalanche of new information is to step back, get a pen and some post-its, and sketch ideas to break down an experience into a series of simpler moments and stories.
Seek connections. Insight starts with connections, and connections are the building blocks of every experience. It’s in human DNA to unearth patterns, and it’s in XD DNA to make creative new uses of them.
See beyond what it is. In order to innovate, you need to first break free of the confinement of conventions to explore unexpected possibilities. There’s no better source of knowledge than the work.
Have a rationale. Questioning every design decision is part of the psychosis required to make a great Experience Designer. There must be a purpose and a fit to every moment in an experience. Systems thinking is the universe; micro interactions the present moment. And, working with teams and clients, you need to be able to explain and convince others of your choices.
Play. A relationship with your inner child is essential to finding to a state of “flow,” and maintaining sanity and open-mindedness. Above all else, the ability to play is the most important thing. Experience Design is a team sport at KBS. When you connect with others and enjoy what you’re doing, great experiences unfold.
● Diversity is the creative lifeblood of New York, and the lifeblood of this New York-born creative agency. We seek and nurture diverse viewpoints, thinking and ideas, and we believe that people of different background, ethnicity, gender, nationality and sexual orientation are critical to our mission.
● Collaboration has always been this agency’s DNA. As the first ever integrated creative agency, KBS united diverse skillsets, perspectives and vernacular. Today we foster collaboration through multi-disciplinary client squads, because collaboration is the antidote to the complexity of a marketing world that demands the marriage of data, strategy, creativity and technology.
● Determination. If diversity is the genesis of ideas, and collaboration is how they take shape, then determination is the will to see them through, to learn from mistakes, to absorb criticism, and to be unfazed by the most daunting of problems or the most challenging of organizations.
● Caring. But more than anything else, KBS people never stop CARING about the work and about each other, because in the end that’s how good becomes great.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.Posted 2 months ago Apply Now