Please note that we do not work with third parties and cannot sponsor visas at this time.
Lavu’s iPad point of sale system is the world’s leading mobile point of sale for restaurants and bars founded in 2010 with an office in the CIC Miami and HQ in Albuquerque New Mexico. Our team in Miami consists primarily of Product, Design, and Engineering. Our native apps on the iPad & iPhone includes our point of sale, kitchen display systems, kiosk. While we also have a suite of web products that include our control panel, online ordering, and of course our marketing site.
We're currently building the foundations of a new design language while we transition from native apps & PHP to React and a MERN stack. User experience is one of Lavu's most important areas of focus, and thus, is heavily investing in the foundations in which to build from which are scalable, visually appealing, and effective at solving customer problems.
Our product designers will be working closely with internal & external stakeholders to facilitate the building, maintaining, and documentation of our design system, features, and products.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Help craft, document, use, and champion the design language
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows & detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch and prototype ideas quickly to access viability, and design the fine-grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Own the success or failure of your design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Experience designing digital products & systems, not just websites. You've helped ship products
- Experience designing experiences that can be accessed on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone, TV
- An appreciation of the entire design process, from problem-solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- Ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch
- Ability to create prototypes using InVision, Framer, Principal, or equivalent
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- An excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers
NICE TO HAVE…
- Restaurant/service industry experience
- Illustration experience
- Animation/motion design
- Marketing/print design
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Opportunity for continued learning, we want you to own projects and see them through to completion
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
- Quarterly bonus structure
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Ability to work on-site in Miami
- Full-time availability
- Consent to a background check
OUR TOOLS ?
- Communication - Slack, Email, High Five Video Chats
- Product Management - Jira, Google Drive
- Design - Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Principal, After Effects, Lottie
- Tech Stack - NODE.js, MongoDB, React, HTML, CSS, GIT
Posted 2 months ago