Freetrade is a next-generation investment tech startup, bringing free stock investing to the UK and Europe for the first time ever.
We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
Our mission is to build a totally new culture around investing: millennial-friendly, innovative, customer-first and universally accessible.
With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, we're a growing team poised to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And that's just the start.
As we roll out to tens of thousands of users in the UK imminently and prepare to scale to millions of customers, we’re looking for a Product Designer with knowledge of creating experiences that delight users.
We’re fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. You will be one of the early designers at the company so your work will really have a massive impact. You will conceive, design and ship new products and features that will excite our customers and make their financial lives better.
Experience and traits:
- You have experience with end-to-end product design from inception to delivery
- You have experience designing consumer focused, native apps. You know the ins and outs of iOS and Android.
- You are highly creative, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- You are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to take people along on the journey with you
- You have a high level of competency with relevant creative tools (Sketch, Principle, Adobe suite etc.)
- You deeply care about our users and want to blow their mind with an app experience they would never expect from a financial services product
- We’re an early stage start-up and you’ll be designing lots of fun things
What you'll work on:
- Pushing on from our MVP iOS app, you'll work on features such as portfolio insights, ISAs, discovery collections and US trading
- Play a key role in getting the first version of our Android app released
- Diving into the problem space of getting the next generation of investors using Freetrade
- Conducting user research and coming up with actionable insights
- Developing our design system and tooling
We use a suite of tools including Sketch, Marvel, Principle and Adobe After Effects to name just a few usual suspects. We’re also quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you are more than welcome to contribute any tools you have used before.
Check out our brand to see what you'll be working with.
- Stock options. 🚀 We benchmark them to those of Silicon Valley startups. Read: you'll get meaningful equity.
- Flexible working arrangements (HQ in Shoreditch) and awesome, flexible benefits package
- Macbook Pro, iPhone, Google apps - whatever tools you need to get your job done
- Opportunity to fast track your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high-growth fintech startup
- Team away days in cool locations
- Frequent team lunches in the best food scene in London!
- Other benefits
- Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube. The benefits of this versus traditional VC funding are:
- Your stock options are much more likely to be valuable (i.e. no special rights for VCs to be paid before employees)
- We have more flexibility in how we take our product to market and build out our team
- We have 3,000+ investors and 60,000+ on a waiting list without any traditional marketing spend - people already really, really want Freetrade!
Do you think you fit the bill? Then we would love to hear from you! Apply within to hear more.
If you have any questions, hit us up through the live chat on our website or in the app.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now