Lead Product Designer
Lead Product Designer
We are looking for a lead designer to own and drive major product design initiatives within a new digital organization for one of the world’s most beloved travel & hospitality brands. Dream up big, innovative ideas and lead teams of designers solving unique problems large and small for guests of Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara cruises in the digital space.
Our mission is not just to push the needle forward in cruising, but literally crush our competition in the travel and hospitality space. Endless passion & empathy for guest experience and relentless curiosity required. We need tinkerers, dreamers and makers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead teams of designers building the end to end digital experience for millions of Royal Caribbean guests and crew across all digital touchpoints including native app, web, kiosk, digital signage and beyond.
- Be a champion of design and a steward of process, forging partnerships between disciplines and clearing the runway for design, product and engineering to build & ship world class digital products.
- Maintain the highest bar of quality across platforms and work streams, ensuring excellence in design and usability for everything that gets in the hands of guests, crew and employees.
- Pick up a marker and participate in every step of the design process, from discovery to concepting, testing and delivery.
- Lead the charge on accessibility, because design is for everyone.
- Chase down big ideas, research conceptual features and innovations in the digital space and bring them to product teams to align and implement.
- Help get products and features to the finish line, working closely with agencies and in-house teams to push on design rigor, iterations and process, get alignment across disciplines, and buttoned up for executive reviews and demos.
- Maintain, support and help mature a family of connected pattern libraries, toolkits and styleguides currently in their infancy.
- Experiment with robust prototyping tools to share design thinking and help clarify and align with stakeholders, executives and partners.
- Mentor junior and senior designers, teaching them the subtle ways of the Force and nudging them along towards greatness.
- Degree in Visual Communication, Design, Human-Centered Engineering, Research, Anthropology or Fine Art preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience with modern product design tools required: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Experience Design or similar
- Experience with basic to robust prototyping tools required: InVision, Marvel, Principle, Framer, Craft or similar
- Blurring the lines between UX and UI, you understand form and function as connected disciplines, and can demonstrate both fluidly. You have an eagle eye for visual detail, and you fuss over micro interactions.
- Proven in the digital space with a portfolio including real, shipped digital products from end to end that are well designed in form as well as function, that real people use.
- You are a gifted storyteller, and can bundle up both big ideas and micro interactions into a neat little package, presenting them to stakeholders and senior partners with clarity and vision.
- You create an emotional connection between our brand and our guests by making beautiful and thoughtfully crafted experiences with delightful interactions.
- You get technology and speak digital fluently. You understand how all the pieces fit together in a software development life cycle and how design thinking and systems can help every step of the way.
- You are ambitiously curious, always learning, “good enough” is never enough, and you drive towards constant, relentless improvement both in the work and yourself.
- You’ve got next-level charisma and energy, bringing a magnetic attitude, inspiration and enthusiasm to our team and partners. You nurture creative and engineering talent and people actively want to work with you.
- You teach and share naturally, you observe, listen and form perspective and opinions then share them with your community, peers, leaders and juniors.Posted 9 days ago Apply Now