Head of Design (UX)
This is a rare opportunity to get in early, define the design vision and create our first prototypes.
HDS offers consumers a single online store to shop for fresh foods and general merchandise from the world's leading retail brands. In HDS fulfillment centers, multi-retailer orders are assembled as one lot, packaged in reusable totes and delivered via HDS vans to customers' homes at their convenience.
Our centers integrate intelligent vision, mobile robots and articulated robots in a way that dramatically advances supply chain capabilities while significantly reducing labor and fulfillment costs.
HDS is positioned to define the next generation of ecommerce. With our proprietary technology, we will alter the ecommerce and automation landscapes; changing the way people think about purchasing goods, to how orders are fulfilled and delivered.
As our Head of Design, you will define the overall UX strategy and vision for the user experience. You will have an opportunity to build complex UX ecommerce ecosystems and go beyond the status quo. The ideal candidate will bring a unique combination of domain expertise, imagination and conviction.
In this role, you will spearhead a number of initiatives including:
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take risks and champion new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer human interaction or related field
- 10+ years working in a UX design capacity, preferably in a leadership role on a UX team
- Experience with large-scale web apps, or e-commerce applications
- Expert knowledge of modern user-centered design and research methodologies
Why work here? The big stuff
- Rocket ship: Get one of the early seats on a rocket ship and receive special stock grants.
- Autonomy, mastery, purpose: We provide a clear mission so that you can self-direct your work, provide exceptional challenges to hone your skills, and provide an opportunity to transform the supply chain function into a huge competitive advantage.
- Well-funded: HDS is well funded and can offer above market compensation, depending on desire for equity.
And the usual stuff is carefully planned too
- Top tier perks: 100% paid for benefits, including medical, dental and vision, plus a host of other benefits.
- Empowered: We will provide you the most advanced equipment and administrative services to support your productivity and remove hassles for you.
Let’s start a conversation
If you are interested in hearing more, simply submit your information below, or email Norm at email@example.com with any questions. There’s no "resume black hole” here — we respond to every inquiry, as quickly and thoughtfully as humanly possible.Posted 2 months ago Apply Now