Lead UX/UI Designer
Founded in 2008, OPTiMO is an experience consulting firm specializing in world-class, enterprise-level application development, system integration and digital design. We support a client base spanning the public and private sector, and we strive for excellence both in our design work and in the service to our clients.
OPTiMO is seeking a highly motivated user-focused Senior UX/UI Designer with demonstrated experience creating the types of engaging experiences that customers expect from the modern transactional responsive web and mobile applications of Fortune 500 companies.
As a well-rounded and experienced Senior / Lead UX/UI Designer you have worked on real projects in the responsive web and mobile space which thousands (or millions) use daily to make their lives easier. You are an organized, engaged and self-driven individual who has demonstrated experience participating in a human-centered design process in an Agile environment. You estimate your work accurately and are equally skilled at creating useable and useful experiences as you are designing attractive modern interfaces which leave no detail overlooked.
You can communicate your ideas and design decisions to all levels of the organization and clients in a way that creates buy-in, consensus and excitement about your proposed solutions. You have direct experience with prototyping and user testing to improve the customer experience and believe in the value of an iterative approach.
In addition to providing expert level digital design, you are seen as a peer-leader as you leverage and uphold internal and client design standards, drive process and workflow improvement and ensure only the best design solutions reach our clients. Your experience and efforts will have a direct impact on your team and our company as we continue to grow.
If you’re a motivated self-starter with a passion and ability to design solutions that will improve the digital lives of people though great user experiences, join us!
- Minimum Education and experience in related field of study and similar position
- Masters Degree + 3 years experience
- Bachelor Degree + 5 years experience
- 10 years experience
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates ability to create effective user-centered solutions and includes a wide range of design artifacts across the UX/UI design spectrum
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to listen, receive and objectively consider feedback, ability to effectively present your work or the work of others
- Demonstrated ability across a range of design disciplines to include Information Architecture (IA), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), and Interaction Design (IxD)
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- A thorough understanding of User Centered Design Principles and the integration of the design process with the Agile framework
- Experience with Adobe XD (or similar prototyping tools) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to re-evaluate priorities and shift focus between multiple projects
- Self-motivated with a peer-leadership mentality
- Experience working within the Agile philosophy and Scrum framework
- Proven experience designing for enterprise level or large-audience consumer facing transactional experiences on mobile and desktop
- Experience with user research methodologies and practices
- Familiarity with Federal Usability Standards and 508 Accessibility Compliance
- Experience managing tasks in JIRA