Wanderu is looking for a full time Senior Designer passionate about solving complicated UX and UI problems to join our team in Boston. Working alongside another Designer you’ll have a chance to work on projects ranging from digital product design & UX / UI to designing marketing materials such as ads and billboards. If you’re local, you’ve seen those ads on the T. You’ll be an integral part of the team and have the chance to interface with interesting and fun people in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to understand complicated product features as well as tech and business limitations and requirements to translate these into design specifications.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail.
- You understand that design is a problem-solving tool.
- You take pride in achieving simplicity in your work.
- You possess a strong curiosity and are constantly investing in learning and teaching others.
- You do whatever it takes to get things done, there is no job too small or too big.
- You always keep the end-user in mind when designing a solution.
- You have the ability to learn from mistakes and a willingness to revisit past solutions for further improvements.
- You have a collaborative working style, focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.
- You’re a team player and love brainstorming with other team members to ensure the success of any given project within design and across teams.
- You are open, honest and direct in your approach to feedback and asking for assistance.
- You are flexible, steady under pressure, and willing to switch gears quickly.
- You are organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
- You are excited to mentor others on the design team and teach non-design team members about design and usability.
- Collaborate with the Product, Marketing and within the Design team to design work that reflects a consistent visual language to enhance Wanderu’s brand identity.
- Conceptualize and execute designs for our digital products (e-commerce website, iOS & Android apps, blog).
- Work on cross-platform marketing campaigns to promote the Wanderu brand.
- 3+ years of design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or related field
- Strong layout design and typography skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Understanding of UX principles and human-centered design
- Understanding of responsive web design
- Experience working on consumer facing large scale products
- Portfolio that represents a wide range of diverse projects with a focus on user-centered solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of Zepplin, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator are a must. After Effects and InDesign are a plus).
- Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- HTML/CSS Proficiency
- Passion for travel is definitely a plus.
Please send a link to your portfolio along with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Posted 3 months ago Apply Now