At Wistia we believe that every person in every business will use video to communicate every day, for asynchronous as well as live communication. It will feel as fluid and natural as it does to text or call someone today but even more personal and human.
This reality is still a way off, but we're super excited to help the world get there faster through simple and delightful video-focused products.
Everything we do at Wistia is powered by our values. As a designer here, you'll have a unique impact on how these values get represented:
- 🖼 Presentation — From product to events to swag to signage in our office, from the biggest projects to the smallest details, Wistia demands excellent design in both form and function.
- ✂️ Simplicity - Designers at Wistia should design big and edit ruthlessly. We are always working to find the most elegant solution.
- 💡 Creativity — We are taking a different path than many of our contemporaries, and we pride ourselves on thinking for ourselves and standing out. We value creative risk-taking and experimentation.
- 🤔 Long-Term Company Thinking — We want designers who will help teach and implement design thinking across the company, on all teams they're a part of.
A Product Designer helps achieve our goals by:
- Shipping amazing product — We care a lot about how we work, but it's all in service of building wildly simple and elegant video products for our customers and the world. First and foremost, as a designer, you generate many of our lovely details, features, and products.
- Deeply understanding the context — A product designer brings business goals, user needs, technical constraints, and design patterns together to uncover product opportunities.
- Valuing a user-centric design process — As part of a multidisciplinary team, product designers help conduct and incorporate user research to advocate for the user and challenge how they experience our product.
- Working in the code — We think through problems and brainstorm in diagrams, static mocks, and prototypes, but the final outcome of our work as software designers lives in code. That means we’re comfortable tweaking HTML, CSS, and JS, and pairing up with engineers as we stretch the boundaries of our technical skills.
- Strengthening Wistia's design culture — Designers participate in group critique to improve the work and to discover new opportunities for collaboration, within the design team and throughout the company.
A day in the life might include:
- Meeting with a product manager, engineering lead, salesperson, and customer support rep to prioritize and plan the next big feature.
- Discussing new mock ups with the rest of the design team and getting into the nitty gritty of what is working and what isn't.
- Building a simple prototype for a new video editing experience.
- Tweaking an icon to get the line-weight just right.
- Sitting in, asking questions, and taking notes on a user interview; translating that research into design solutions.
- Working with an engineer to create a CSS system to keep an element's styles consistent across the product.
- Writing documentation about how to achieve consistent spacing via a 6px grid.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in each other, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare, dental and vision coverage for you and your family and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA — we're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, fancy boba popups, and even a dog park
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!Posted 2 months ago Apply Now