Junior Product Designer (UX/UI)
Junior Product Designer at Streamtime
Design is at the heart of everything at Streamtime. Our product is built with creatives top of mind and our shelf of brand and product design awards is testament to that.
Product designers at Streamtime take a spark of an idea and make it something tangible, real and magical. We start at a very early stage: finding the right problems to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve them and then refining them into simple, intuitive solutions. You’ll carry out research, ideation, sketching, design and prototyping. You’ll collaborate with our engineers to ship great products. We have huge empathy with our users, so you’ll perform interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Streamtime.
As a result you’ll have the drive and passion to create just the right balance of magic and utility. UX, CX, UI are all things that get you jumping out of bed in the morning.
Magic – Just because we use the words ‘project management’ that doesn’t give us the excuse to create grey, bland, purely functional software or tools. You’ll be passionate about designing features and interactions that wow the user, and beg them to show their colleagues and friends. Bonus points if you have high fidelity prototyping and motion design skills to bring your ideas to life (feel free to share your Dribbble page with us)!
Utility – While we put magical experience first in our priority list, it’s not to the detriment of solutions that work for the user, save them time and improve their workflows. You’ll have a passion for user research, user journeys, speaking to customers to understand what they’re trying to achieve and how to translate that into user stories and design solutions.
You’ll be part of a close knit team, working side by side with our Head Of Design and our development team to ensure that our products are the best they can be.
You’ll have a real passion for the design community. You’ll become an active participant, speaking at events and raising Streamtime's profile. You’ll also help to make sure that our social and community presence brings the Streamtime brand to life in the best possible ways and can connect with potential customers and the community as a whole. This will include supporting our Never Not Creative initiative.
You’ll have a desire for the unexpected. While best practice is a nice way of ensuring that something works, it’s a sure fire guarantee for not standing out. You’ll be able to tackle challenges from different perspectives to go beyond the expected and get the team and our customers excited about the potential in your ideas.
You’ll get to collaborate with great design agencies, illustrators and animators to further build the Streamtime product and brand.
Oh, you’ll embrace joining us on a Tuesday lunchtime as we huff and puff around Pirrama Park, or on Thursday’s for a Netflix lunch and Friday’s for Nintendo and drinks. You’ll bring all of yourself to work, sharing passions, frustrations and everything in between.
What we’re looking for
- You have at least 2 years experience in a UX/UI focussed, digital product design role.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking and you have previously shipped UX and UI design for digital products.
- You use tools like Sketch, Invision, Principle or Figma.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by thinking up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with fellow designers, engineers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is just as important.
- You are a problem solver that's excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are eligible to work in Australia.
Why you’ll love working with us
- Your input matters - we’re a small team and everyone contributes.
- You’ll work on a product that really helps people.
- You’ll see your designs shipped all the time - we release every two weeks.
- We are a design-led and user centric company.
- You’ll work with brilliant people.
We’re a design led, user centric technology company based in Pyrmont, Sydney. We make studio management software that’s popular with the creative industry. If you run a creative business or studio, then Streamtime can help you plan, quote, track and invoice projects with your team and clients.
If this sounds right up your alley then drop us a line with the URL of your portfolio, examples of your work and tell us a little bit about yourself.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now