Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2008, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented workforce housing category. We believe that by leveraging our operational platform, Pangea can provide institutional capital with access to a vast and untouched, high yield asset class. We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology and excellent customer service to all units under our management. In just under 10 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore and approximately 450 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea!
Pangea is currently looking for a full-time Visual Designer & Brand Owner to add to our team, reporting directly to the Head of Marketing & Technology.
Successful candidates will be self-driven, highly motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Utilize creative freedom to create visual aspects of marketing materials including presentations, brochures, flyers, direct mail, event and property signage, animated gifs, email graphics, websites and other media.
- Ability to suggest bold ideas, thinking outside the box to design user interface layouts based upon our customer profiles.
- Provide a visual voice, including choosing the appropriate photography, font style and other visual assets, and follow established brand guidelines with accuracy and panache across all Pangea-owned brands.
- Social media profile collateral design (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Understanding of basic web design, including graphic design for web, site navigation and content layouts.
- Assemble disparate graphic elements created by other professionals, such as icons, photographs and typography into a cohesive design execution.
- Source and manage working relationships with outside vendors (including packaging and delivery of design files for production), acting as project manager and designer.
- Manage multiple design projects (digital and print) from concept to execution with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Qualifications / Minimum Skills to Apply *Must Provide Portfolio or Work Samples*:
- BA degree in Graphic Design or related field with 2+ years of design experience. Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a related field may be considered.
- Understanding of marketing, branding and promotion.
- Conceptual thinker with a passion for typography and layout.
- Basic photography skills a plus.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design across web, print, and email.
- An in-depth understanding of modern graphic design principles, and best practices.
- Ability to design in non-design software (Word, Powerpoint, MailChimp).
- Meticulous attention to detail and capacity to catch any and all mistakes while preparing files for print and web.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects.
- Highly proficient in current version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and some familiarity with HTML and CSS for web design.
- Accrual of 15 days (3 weeks of vacation) each year, increases with tenure
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSAs, and Long- and Short-Term Disability all available for eligible employees
- 401(k) with generous company match for eligible employees
- Casual work environment in Chicago's West Loop area
- Casual dress code
Posted 12 months ago