User Experience Designer
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded designer to join our intimate product design team. You will play a critical role in shaping design decisions at Kenna, both big (app layout, workflows, UI patterns) and small (micro-interactions, copy tweaks, color tuning). The primary focus of the Kenna design team is the form and function of our web-based security platform. That being said, we also dabble in posters, hoodies, t-shirts, stickers, and all of the other media through which we express our brand as a Chicago tech startup. We take design seriously, and our investments in User Experience and Product Design are an important differentiator for us in the marketplace. This role reports directly to our Co-founder and Design Director.
The ideal candidate is eager to have an outsized impact, comfortable working in a low-bureaucracy environment, and has proven skill collaborating with different teams within an organization. The entire Kenna team is built on trust, accountability and transparency. We sometimes ask a lot from our employees, but always reciprocate back with the same flexibility they give us.
We’re small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on process and company culture, but large enough that we’ve established product-market fit, so our team can focus their energies on continuous improvement of our platform for a large and growing base of customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and product management teams to translate user needs into interface mockups
- Implement designs using HTML, CSS, and other relevant front end web frameworks
- Help refine and improve existing platform user interface patterns
- Help maintain a visual style guide and UI pattern library
- Help refine and extend visual expression of Kenna brand
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of visual design fundamentals: layout, typography, color, composition, etc.
- Strong ability to communicate design challenges and decisions, both visually and in words
- A portfolio of previous work to share
- Familiarity with modern front end development stacks
- Experience working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- An understanding of the pace of a startup (and the excitement to jump into it)
- Experience designing visualizations for complex datasets
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative techniques to better understand user behavior
- Experience bringing concepts to life using animation or illustration
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now