Lead UX Designer
The LOFT: Lab of Forward Thinking at Manulife/John Hancock is seeking a Lead User Experience Designer to join our team
LOFT is a design and technology driven group. We believe in human centered design and experimentation as a means to deliver products to market faster and make our customer’s lives better.
As a Lead Designer you will:
- Work closely with User Researchers to understand customers’ needs
- Communicate design intent with your team and other stakeholders
- Build scrappy prototypes and test them with users
- Design delightful and beautiful interfaces for multiple digital channels
- Work iteratively and collaboratively
- Lead the design efforts, advocate for design and mentor less experienced designers
- Look to always improve our design and discovery process
- Gain experience with Blockchain, IoT & Voice UI, AI and other emerging technologies
We need Designers that:
- Have 4-6 years as a UX/UI Designer
- Have proficiency with InVision and Sketch (or other prototyping tools) - Photoshop & Illustrator a plus
- Has experience with, or familiarity in, highly regulated industries
- Can accept critique of their work, as well as provide it
- Visually communicate their ideas
- Can facilitate mapping and ideation sessions with teams and stakeholders
- Can embrace ambiguity and lean on the process to find desirable solutions
- Have familiarity with Design Thinking and Agile frameworks
- Are always looking to learn something new and teach others
- Have a portfolio they can share
We look for:
- A sense of humor
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1.1 trillion (US$850 billion) as of March 31, 2018. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/VPosted 14 days ago Apply Now