A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com is seeking ambitious, hard working, college graduate with strong academic qualifications, diverse interests, and proven experiences in a dynamic team environment to be a Product Designer. Alarm.com’s applications improve our customers’ day to day living routines, allowing them to interact with and control their homes. We are seeking individuals who have a passion to create the best user applications for both the mobile and web, and are interesting in working on applications that can directly impact the way people live and interact with their homes.
The Product Designer’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Work with business and technology teams to define requirements and drive projects through the entire product lifecycle.
- Create wireframes, screen-flow diagrams, UI designs and prototypes.
- Develop beautiful high fidelity designs.
- Advocate for the customer experience and be able to articulate the reasons for your design decisions.
- Participate in measuring and assessing usability of deployed applications.
- Give and solicit feedback from other members of the organization in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction
- Showcase an online portfolio showcasing real product design work.
- 3+ years of industry experience in product or interaction design.
- Experience with standard industry tools like Sketch, Adobe XD and/or prototyping tools.
- You're a good communicator and you can easily work within teams.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, and you can demonstrate curiosity and real passion for design and crafting awesome experiences.
- Nice to have: You can translate your designs from pixels to code, or at least have some basic coding experience.
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
Alarm.com, founded in 2000, is a leading technology provider of connected home services, powering over one million residential and commercial installations. Through its connected home platform, millions of people use Alarm.com to help protect and manage the things that matter most – their homes, families, and small businesses. Alarm.com connects a wide range of supported devices across the internet of things to provide an integrated connected home experience through an intelligent cloud-based services platform and easy to use mobile app. Alarm.com solutions are sold exclusively through a network of licensed and authorized Dealer Partners. For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package starting on day one of employment including 100% paid medical for employees, a health savings account option with company contribution, waiver allowance, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off starting at 4 weeks and increasing with tenure and paid maternity/paternity leave. We offer a casual dress work environment, annual company retreat, grocery delivery and in suite bike racks and showers.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPosted 2 months ago Apply Now