This role can be based in our headquarters (North Billerica, MA) or in our Brooklyn, NY office.
Are you a designer who loves thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions? Do you want to work at a mission-driven company who is making an impact on education across the country?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and passionate Product Designer to create engaging, thoughtful and easy-to-use learning experiences for our groundbreaking i-Ready products. The ideal candidate is a conceptual and critical thinker who can transform ideas into products and demonstrate strong technical and organizational skills.
A Product Designer will dive deeply in Math content creation for Grades K-8 with a focus on user experience. As part of an iterative workflow, the role will include participating in user research sessions, creating storyboards and wireframes, prototyping, and creating user interface designs. The right person will thrive working iteratively alongside the Design Director, Curriculum Experts, Producers, Project Managers and Engineers to transform pedagogy and instructional materials into highly engaging and rewarding student experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
• Drive the design for instructional lesson development as a key member of a highly collaborative cross-functional team based on a larger product-wide creative vision.
• Ensure that each experience is user-centered, highly engaging, clear and relevant to students at all levels and according to various demographics such as gender, ethnicity, culture and age.
• Use iterative sketches, storyboards/wireframes and prototypes to communicate and transform ideas into products.
• Create a range of low-fidelity and high-fidelity documentation–from sketches and digital comps to detailed wireframes and pixel-perfect layouts–to communicate to various audiences.
• Collaborate closely with agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs.
• Maintain brand consistency and adhere to design guidelines.
• Assume responsibility for your task and schedule management which includes frequent communication with Project Managers and on-time delivery of assignments in a highly deadline-drive environment.
What we’re looking for:
• 3+ years designing rich interactive and multi-mediaexperiences preferably for children
• A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products, from start to finish, that show engaging and delightful user experiences
• A proven understanding of best practices for user experience and user interface design, preferably for younger users
• Knowledge of mobile and web-based interactions
• Highly detail-oriented and strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Strong communication design skills with an eye for information organization and hierarchy
• A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education. Ability to think conceptually and critically about deep pedagogical, communication and interaction design challenges.
• Expert in Adobe CC (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), MS Office
• Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
• A record of previous achievement shown through the successful delivery of final products and the demonstration of a thoughtful design process.
• Portfolio submission required to be considered.
We’d also love to see:
• Experience designing for K-8 curriculum
- Proficient in prototyping software (Sketch, Adobe XD, Hype, etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Animate