Lead Designer (UX/Visual UI/Graphic)
Mixbook's mission is to empower every person to share their story and express what they care about most through the creation of the most beautiful personalized photo products. If your mission is to help people be creative and spread happiness, this may be the role for you. Mixbook is looking for a Lead UI/UX Designer to direct the overall brand, product and user experience for Mixbook. Your leadership and design will make it easy for customers to unlock the joy in their photos by getting those photos out of the digital realm and onto stunning custom products that they won’t want to put down.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual should have a passion for understanding and defining the needs and behaviors of customers, and for working with the product teams and key brand stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into exceptional designs that serve the needs of our users. The Lead UI/UX Designer will share this passion with and inspire a small team of UI/UX and graphic designers to follow organizational best practices and deliver consistently on-brand, world-class design solutions. At Mixbook, our successful well-rounded designers have the opportunity to exercise and show off all their design skills, influence the design direction of the company and see their work go live on a regular basis.
- Using a customer-centered, iterative design process, drive the execution and delivery of successful product and service designs across our portfolio of brands and touch points.
- Collaborate deeply with the product teams and engineering throughout the product life cycle to ensure your designs are addressing both user and business needs, are feasible to implement, and are subsequently implemented accurately.
- Lead UI/UX efforts for the organization, setting design direction, driving discussion and activities, while participating in delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
- Determine best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals.
- Create high quality UI deliverables based on UX goals and priorities, including annotated wireframes (low fidelity to high fidelity and everything in between) followed by production ready final assets.
- Elevate design skills of overall UI/UX and graphic design teams through mentorship and guidance.
- Establish core brand look and feel, assets and UX patterns.
- Provide leadership on branding, brand style guides and help ensure all Mixbook communications stay on-brand and on-trend.
- Foster the use of established UI/UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets through the creation of UI/UX best practices, including analysis, tools, and materials. Ensure adherence to company standards across team members and/or projects.
- Identify design needs and improve workflow across teams; fill skill gaps through training.
- Formally mentor more junior UI/UX and graphic design resources in best practices, process, and methodology.
- 8+ years experience
- Master of the UI/UX lifecycle with deep experience defining user experience, visual design, interaction design, user research, and design principles.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual design experience across brand, web, mobile web and native apps.
- Experience providing oversight of a large product, program, or simultaneously coordinating multiple smaller initiatives and teams.
- Solid knowledge of design, repository, story and backlog management tools and resources (Sketch, Invision, Basecamp, Leankit, github, etc.)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in the study of design including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
Mixbook’s culture epitomizes the dynamics of a start-up, but is built on the foundation of an established, profitable company. We have free drinks and snacks, weekly company lunches and unlimited PTO. We have volunteer days and a culture of going above and beyond for the customer. We move fast and learn faster. We launch features and updates multiple times a week, get customer feedback, set strategies and determine the business impact just as quickly. Most of all, you won’t struggle to explain what you do… everyone understands photos and preserving memories.
Led by a team of fun individuals who are driven by a passion for product, creativity, and a first-class user experience, Mixbook is a fast-paced technology company that is redefining the way people save and share their most valued possession—their photos. No matter your role, at Mixbook you’re measured by the passion and amazing work you bring to the table. Join and grow with us.
Posted 14 days ago