AdBlock is a small team that serves tens of millions of users. Our mission is to ensure our users have complete control over their online browsing experience. Our main product is one of the most popular browser extensions worldwide and has been downloaded more than 200 million times. Our products work in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge, as well as on Apple macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
Our team is distributed across North America. While we have a small office in San Francisco, most of us work remotely. What unites us is a desire to make it easier and safer for users to surf the Web.
What we’re looking for
We need a talented Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for wide areas of the AdBlock products.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: mocking up ideas for new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, and design the fine-grained details of interactions.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the team.
- You can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant user experiences.
- You are an excellent communicator of your design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- You intuitively understand what makes a user experience good or bad. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You can create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of designs using Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, or any other tool of your choice.
- You understand the technical limitations behind your designs and can effectively communicate your ideas to our engineering team.
Nice to haves
- The ability to create prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- The ability to construct your own iconography and design guidelines, and build easy-to-navigate documents.
- The ability to create beautiful animations and videos
If you join us, we will provide you with
- Competitive salary
- Regular compensation reviews; we reward great work
- Medical & dental insurance coverage
- 401K + company match
- Company investment into professional development and training
- MacBook or Windows laptop and whatever equipment you need to work effectively
You will also be able to work 100% remotely!
How to apply
If this role sounds exciting and you live in North America, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- The title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- A well-structured portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your work. It should touch on your process and design thinking.
The AdBlock teamPosted 15 days ago Apply Now