Sr. Product Designer - Visual
The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didn’t know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we weren’t satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: We’re now the world’s leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, and analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content and content licensed from the world’s leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
Senior Product Designer - Visual
At NewsCred, you will be responsible for building simple, elegant, and delightful experiences for our web software - Content Marketing Platform (CMP). You’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process and will practice your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. You will work closely with product management, engineering, marketing, services and sales to understand our users and our market and deliver amazing product experiences for NewsCred web experience, as well as mobile.
- Translate user stories into high fidelity mockups and sketches while integrating feedback from internal partners and customers
- Define and evolve NewsCred visual product design vision and standards
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other Product Designers to rapidly prototype and test features that meet customer needs
- Work closely with engineers to execute features, down to the pixel
- Help instill a design culture in the company as a whole - we want everyone to value and understand the role of design
- Establish visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines
- Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- At least 5 years of experience in visual design, prototyping, interaction design of SaaS platforms
- Strong visual design skills and a deep understanding of visual trends
- Strong interaction design skills and a deep understanding of user-centric design principles
- A proven track record of applying user-centric design processes and methodology to product development
- Experience leading a design system / pattern library
- Experience with data visualization is a plus
- Strong understanding of how to conduct user research and usability testing.
- Experience writing HTML/CSS markup.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or substantial relevant experience. Master’s preferred.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision
- Experience working in an agile development/UX
- Link to online portfolio that clearly demonstrates the above.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our “How We Work” document
- Best-in-class compensation plans and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work and a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, and dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, and a generous vacation policy.
Please let us know why you are interested in this position by including a cover letter with your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.
Posted 15 days ago