Senior Visual Designer
Healthcare is confusing. It’s hard to access, to understand, and to ensure you’re getting the right care that leads to the right outcomes. Grand Rounds exists to make a difference in all of it. Our vision is to craft a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. We work alongside company’s insurance plans, helping to guide people to the best care for them.
We’re a tight, collaborative team of product designers, marketing designers, and user experience researchers, working in close partnership with our product management and engineering teams. We are passionate advocates for all our users - from our 5-time award-winning Care Team, to our doctors and clinicians, to the Members that use our products every single day. We value open and honest discussion. We realize that we have the opportunity to transform a confusing and archaic system and we relish the challenge of making life better for the people that need us the most. We imagine new possibilities and tell compelling stories about them as we relentlessly test and learn how to do things better.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to help craft a better future with us. Somebody who can envision and deliver delightful, insightful, and engaging experiences which will guide our Members to achieve better health outcomes. You’ll architect, design, and ship products which will transform how people access, understand, and interact with their care.
We are seeking an individual with a winning mix of creative energy. You have proven ability to design and deliver insightful experiences that bring clarity to complex situations. You think systemically and see how all the pieces visually fit together. You love debating the merits of gradients versus texture. You possess a deep and abiding fondness for fonts and brainstorm ways to bring together styles in engaging and unusual ways. Your portfolio should demonstrate your strengths, and an innate curiosity to understand people’s needs and working styles. You turn your findings into actionable insights, with a willingness to build positive relationships with product managers, engineers, and our Care Team. Lastly, you wholeheartedly empathize with the human side of the patient experience.
During your first 30 days, you will:
- Onboard with the Grand Rounds team in San Francisco
- Develop an understanding of our customers and their employee populations through research, visits, and personas
- Shadow a variety of internal teams to learn about our products and services
- Understand our brand guidelines, design principles, and user stories as a foundation for your design efforts
- Work on your first projects with a peer mentor to help you get started successfully
- Participate in design feedback and critique sessions to help us all become better at what we do
During your first 60 days, you will:
- Propose your first set of feature designs in collaboration with your PM
- Gain insights into the performance of your ideas by participating in research studies, analytics readouts, and user feedback sessions
- Deliver your product specifications to engineering for implementation. Partner with engineering as your designs are built
- Review our creative library, identify opportunities, and work cross-functionally to enhance our brand guidelines, pattern libraries, and templates
During your first 90 days, you will:
- Create intriguing and appealing on-brand creative to convince members of all types to engage with Grand Rounds
- Define or refine the long-term vision for our product. Propose ways that we can innovate and differentiate our product by delighting our users.
- Propose new patterns and components that help broaden and deepen our living design system framework
- A body of work that clearly demonstrates insight, empathy, and an ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users
- Minimum 4 years of experience in design, with an emphasis on shipping useful, usable, and delightful products
- Experience developing, testing, and refining concepts based on research, insights, and brand. Confident with a variety of prototyping and user research methodologies.
- Comfort managing a project from inception through execution. Able to see the broader picture while delighting in the quality and nuance of the specifics.
- Deep comfort with current design tools (Sketch, InVision, Framer), responsive web design standards, and the current state-of-the-art for consumer design experiences
- Real passion for the Grand Rounds product suite; belief that our services can transform how we access and utilize healthcare
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Posted 15 days ago Apply Now