🤓 Who We Are
Loom is a Horizontal tool and has unique challenges within the work communication landscape.
Loom is a new kind of work communication tool that helps people get their messages across through instantly shareable videos. With Loom, you can capture your screen, record your front-facing camera, and narrate your video all at once — no switching apps or upload required. Whether it’s training new teammates or replying to a customer inquiry, Loom enhances the way people communicate at work by allowing them to send the next best thing to being there.
Loom is for colleagues and customers. Loom is a tool that anyone at work can benefit from, so we make product decisions with all types of people in mind. We build our product so that it remains clear, intuitive, and inclusive of all of our users' needs.
Loom is video recording, simplified. Video is known to be more effective than text, yet so many video products make recording an intimidating and confusing experience. We constantly strive to make recording videos an accessible and effortless experience.
Loom provides a human touch. How do we build out an online communication platform that still feels personal? Loom allows people to bring their authentic selves to asynchronous communication. As we grow, we design for people to continue to bring every aspect of their bright, expressive, human selves with our product.
👩💻 The Role
Our design team loves creating meaningful and authentic product experiences. We're a flexible and collaborative team guided by data, feedback, and a user-centered approach to our process. Loom is an inherently viral video recording and sharing product and we are growing every day, so this role requires a certain level of flexibility. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is not afraid of a challenge 🌟
- Design easy-to-use, delightful user experiences that use customer data, analytics, and feedback to drive business priorities
- Maintain high-level product and roadmap awareness to guide design decisions, cohesiveness, and timeline accuracy
- Own the end-to-end process for design projects, from research and ideation, prototypes, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups, to design implementation with tight developer communication
- Be responsible for the design process for projects in both product and marketing efforts
- Collaborate with the design team to push concepts and iterate to get to the best solutions
- Work closely with product and engineering to facilitate design discussions, collaboratively elevate ideas, and give feedback in product discussions
- Contribute to a positive and empowering company culture
You could be a good fit if you...
- Want to work with passionate, curious people that value transparency and asking for more of themselves and each other
- Are comfortable with ambiguity
- Have strong visual design and communication skills
- Have experience with end-to-end product design, including working with all internal stakeholders throughout the process
- Can wear many hats, from gathering feedback to pixel-perfecting visual designs.
- Are self-driven and autonomous, but work well collaboratively within and across teams
- Have a creative and analytical approach to problem solving—we love data 🔎
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Are a designer who is passionate about the practice and evolution of Product Design.
The Good Stuff
- Work with a driven, welcoming team at a company that is changing how people communicate every single day.
- Yearly retreat with the team (last year we went to Mexico! 🏝)
- Unlimited PTO
- Shiny new Apple computer & budget for home office equipment
🌈 Loom is an equal opportunity employer.
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.Posted 5 months ago Apply Now