Giant Machines is a software consulting firm based in NYC. We design and build impactful front-end applications for the financial services industry and other Fortune 500 companies, including many household names. A few of these products include a real-time bond portfolio management and visualization application, a trade workflow management tool supporting multiple users updating data in real-time, and a trading platform that facilitates the flow of 100s of millions of dollars each day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced designer to join our Product team and lead the UX & UI design across a diverse set of client projects. You’ll collaborate closely with our product specialists and client stakeholders to create elegant solutions to complex UI problems. You’ll also partner with our team of design-oriented software engineers throughout the development phase to bring the new experiences to life. Knowledge of HTML/CSS, financial markets, and prior consulting experience are preferred, though not required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Conduct interviews with client stakeholders & end-users to identify product goals, desired UI behaviors, and app workflows
• Partner closely with Giant Machines’ product lead to deliver a new app experience which solves the client’s needs
• Create storyboards and lo-fidelity wireframes to visualize the user journey
• Iterate rapidly to surface a variety of creative solutions to clients, and narrow in on the experience most suitable for end users
• Create hi-fidelity visual designs, incorporating visual styles (fonts, colors, logos, etc.) that align with the client’s branding strategy
• Produce clickable prototypes with tools like Sketch and InVision to communicate experiences and solicit feedback from clients
• Present your work and communicate the product narrative to our clients during recurring Show & Tell sessions
• Work hand-in-hand with internal engineering team to bring designs to life, and conduct design reviews on delivered codePosted 16 days ago Apply Now