WE HELP ONLINE COMMUNITIES PROSPER
Spot.IM's mission is to create technology that empowers media publishers, preserve the free press, and build meaningful communities for millions of people across the . Started in 2012, we are the leader in community-based technology products and our software helps the world’s biggest online publishers form independent communities around their content, empowering engagement and social interactions over the open . We connect millions of unique users a month across leading media publishers including NBC, Sky Media, Fox News, Oath, News Corp, and Time Inc. At the end of November 2017, Spot.IM closed a Series-C round of $25MM with Insight Ventures, one of the world’s most successful institutional investors, with a focus on growing our world-class team and product .
Art Director - What You’ll Do:
- Be the main creative voice and design architect of the Spot.IM brand and technology products while collaborating with the CEO, VP Product, and R&D leads to create both new product design/UX and improve existing features as well
- Establish and implement company-wide design concepts, guidelines and strategies across both the Spot.IM brand and consumer-facing products
- Perform hands-on UI and UX design including identifying user behavior, creating wireframes, mockups, user flows, prototypes, and design specifications necessary to build intuitive, beautiful user experiences across & mobile platforms
- Analyze data and conduct usability sessions with real users, once a product is launched.
- Help build and manage a design team, implement design metrics, and track design data and user experience data to regularly iterate and improve the user experience
- Evangelize design at Spot.IM by sharing your passion and design knowledge across the company!
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Extensive experience in a creative technology UI/UX design leadership role with an emphasis on creating beautiful and intuitive B2C products - Community-oriented products a major plus.
- Experience developing and managing consumer technology product and marketing programs in a fast-paced integrated technology marketing environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with software such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- World-class team-building and management skills combined with excellent collaboration skills with different areas of the business
- An appreciation of startup culture and the challenges of working in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform hands on design work along your teammates including wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, brand standards, and more