Senior Product Designer
Kiva (www.kiva.org) is an innovative non-profit focused on connecting people through lending to alleviate poverty and create opportunity. We run a global marketplace platform for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
About this role
At Kiva, we’re broadening our focus and building new products that will create economic opportunity and expand financial inclusion across the globe. We recognize the importance of strong design in driving the success of these new initiatives, and are investing in a skilled team that will have a high degree of ownership around Kiva’s future impact.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development process—from brainstorming the next big idea, to creating the vision for new features, to tweaking pixels right before launch. We’re looking for someone who can pitch in on a wide range of design issues—product, user experience, interaction, visual, copywriting, illustration, storytelling—whatever it takes to ship the ultimate user experience to the people we want to reach. You’ll thrive in this role if you are constantly curious, think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback.
This is a full-time position located in either San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR. At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to design user experiences from conception to launch.
- Participate in concept development and design ideation with product managers and designers to define product direction.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional brainstorms, discussions, and design reviews.
- Prototype and present ideas ranging from rough whiteboard sketches to wireframes to high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- Partner with engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Lead broader design initiatives, such as improving or extending the design system or product development practices.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience designing best-of-class digital products—consumer products, nonprofit, and/or financial services—ideally in-house.
- Experience across the full product development spectrum: from ideation and strategy to implementation (with pixel level detail). You’ve gotta be able to fly high and fly low.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships across design, engineering, product, and marketing.
- Strong customer focus: ability to conduct user research and translate insights from customer interviews, usability tests and site metrics into actionable design solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills; willing to provide and receive constructive feedback as a part of the creative process.
What we offer:
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- Casual, but high performing work environment
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.Posted 5 months ago Apply Now