Product Designer - Growth
Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, moving help, or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our clients can accomplish it all, not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people, when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We’re a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it. With the backing of IKEA, we are growing our entire marketplace, including furniture assembly, globally and entering additional markets as we scale. It’s an exciting time at TaskRabbit!
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
About the Job
We're looking for a growth product designer to create highly engaging, modern, and great looking designs for our web and mobile products. You will be an important member of the TaskRabbit User Experience & Design team and help gain traction and stickiness for products that support TaskRabbit's Clients and Taskers. At TaskRabbit, you'll have the opportunity to define how users interact and use our applications within the sharing economy and be a true innovator in the services space.
This position reports to the Director of UX & Design and works closely with the VP of Growth, Growth Product Manager, Growth Team, and other product designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts and stakeholders to create engaging designs that reflect business requirements, support user needs, and are technically feasible. Qualified candidates will be experienced growth product designers who can solve problems and turn ideas into elegant solutions and finished mocks, with a keen focus on user acquisition, growth, and success metrics.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
* 4+ years of experience in a product design role (UX and visual design)
* Expert-level knowledge and speed working in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* A portfolio showcasing great looking web & mobile applications that have shipped
* Consistent ability to apply a brand's look and feel and interaction patterns
* The ability to create lots of different solutions that help drive user acquisition and product growth
* Ability to work in an Agile development environment and communicate your ideas to engineers and stakeholders
* A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
* Great communication skills; the ability to clearly explain design decisions and process to anyone in the company
* Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter who actively seeks ways to improve the user experience, both visually and functionally
* A data-driven mindset
* Attention to detail
* Interaction design and prototyping skills (InVision, Principle, Marvel, etc)
* Illustration and icon design skills
* Brand identity and style guide design experience
* Looker or analytics skills
* Multi-sided marketplace experience
You’ll love working here because:
The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 and acquired by the IKEA Group, the world’s biggest furniture retailer, in 2017. TaskRabbit now offers furniture assembly in every IKEA store across the United States, and is expanding its global reach rapidly. TaskRabbit is currently in more than 45 cities in three countries: the United States, the United Kingdom, and our newest country, Canada, where we launched in September 2018.
There are more than 140,000 Taskers on the network. 60% are Millennials. Taskers consistently report that flexibility and the opportunity to earn a meaningful income are the top reasons they task on our network. In the past 10 years, people have saved more than 4 million hours of time by hiring Taskers through TaskRabbit.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.Posted 4 months ago Apply Now