Product Designer, CNET
Technology makes our lives easier, touching everything we do at work, at home and even in our cars. CNET looks at tech from every angle: from its impact on society, to the people and companies who think up the next big thing, and the gadgets and services that really matter. The CNET Design team features a talented group designers creating engaging premium experiences for CNET & TheRoadshow.com. And now we are looking to add to our exceptional design team.
We value people who are visionary, bring bold new ideas and aren’t afraid to push the envelope and create experiences that will complement our premium content and resonate with audiences and advertisers alike. As a product designer on our team you will have the opportunity to effect big change on experience’s that are used by literally millions of users world-wide - crafting beautifully balanced designs that meet the goals of the business and the needs of the user while elevating the value of the brand at the same time.
- Research latest design techniques, trends and innovations in interactive visual design. Explore new experiences in the market for each brand.
- Use design and prototyping tools to create high-fidelity mockups that demonstrate interaction flows across desktop and mobile web that will resonate with our target audience.
- Taking part in daily brand stand ups with partners in product and engineering and also collaborate in sprint kick-offs and retrospectives.
- Participate in group discussions with product and engineering partners to explore new solutions to convey ideas in tangible form.
- Regularly connect with Design Director to ensure concepts are in-line with overall product design standards and strategies.
- Be expected to present concepts to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process along the way laying out clearly why you made the decisions you did and how they address product goals.
- Must also help provide requirements when needed and develop interactive prototypes.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of design experience
- A passionate user-centric designer who can take complex concepts and design beautiful, accessible, modern user-interfaces and experiences that provide real value to users. In this role you will consider the concerns of the user, the goals of the business and ways to innovate and elevate the experience overall.
- A design-thinking methodology will be essential and the need to ensure consistency in the design language throughout the brand experience. You will have meticulous attention to detail and ensure consistency and balance at all times throughout the experience.
- Able to collaborate with product teams, editorial, engineers, program managers and marketing/sales partners to ensure you make informed decisions through the creative process that result in products that deliver clear value for our users and business.
- Market research, competitor analysis and consumer understanding will be essential in producing designs that successfully move the needle - utilizing latest interactive design principles that are balanced and consistent across all devices and platforms.
Posted 3 months ago