Lead Product Designer
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 44 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.3 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 75 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
About the role
We’re looking for creative big thinkers with small egos who want to build relevant, meaningful and long-lasting solutions for the global rail and bus market. You’ll play a key, senior, role in a very talented product team working alongside Product Owners, Researchers, Data Scientists and Engineers to help us revolutionise the travel experience.
We work at speed, continually shipping value to our customers. With the future of Trainline clearly centred around global expansion, mobile tickets, door-to-door journey planning and multi-modal travel, it’ll be your job to explore a variety of critical opportunities whilst helping Trainline realise its future vision.
What you'll be doing...
- Work as part of a cross functional team while playing a senior role within the wider design/product team
- Use your skills in collaborative design to build world class services across web and mobile, end to end
- Assist in the creation and evolution of our Design System
- Work closely with designers to encourage consistency of UI/UX patterns
- Initiate and support larger cross team projects
- Work with product researchers to ensure we are focusing on the right customer problems
- Partner with product to help shape strategy and vision for the business
- Work with the head of design to recruit and develop a world-class product design team
- Ensure world class execution by setting high standards and encourage and facilitate regular critique sessions
- Mentor and support your fellow designers in their personal growth
- You are a master of your craft and can create beautiful, engaging products with best in class UI and visual design
- You’re comfortable working through complex scenarios and can communicate complex interactions and user flows clearly to the team
- You work comfortably with other product disciplines
- You have experience developing design systems and can facilitate adoption by the wider team
- You are a natural mentor/coach and care about developing those you work with
- You are an experienced facilitator of design workshops such as the Google Design Sprint
- You love to solve problems and are outcome focused
What we offer
- 25 days holiday +2 extra days at Christmas
- Free private medical and dental insurance for you and your family (you just pay the tax on what you choose!)
- Life assurance & income protection
- Good pension scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Charity leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free breakfast everyday and fruit galore!
- Yoga Mondays
- Salsa classes
- Board Game nights
- ....and many more