Product Designer (Remote OK)
LocusLabs is a startup involved in venue mapping and with a mission to our customers to manage, collaborate, and share geospatial data to any screen.
Today we are a leader in the travel space and we are aggressively expanding to new markets. Current customers include United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue, London Heathrow airport, Los Angeles airport, Lufthansa, among many others.
We are currently looking for a brilliant Product Designer to join our small (and growing) team. Come work with an amazing team where you can contribute to and ship products quickly!
PLEASE INCLUDE A URL FOR YOUR DESIGN PORTFOLIO
- Craft elegant product and visual designs by turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the various platforms such as web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
- Develop information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services when needed
- Execute on standard design principles, and work within existing visual design systems
- Collaborate with the Product Team and other team members on product requirements, features, functionality, and priority
- Work closely with engineers to ensure designs and interactions are pixel perfect once executed
- Communicate and evangelize your product designs to get our team excited about building your designs
- Bachelor or Master degree in Visual Design, HCI, Interaction Design or related design degree
- Exceptional design talents delivering a visual and interactive experience that is both usable and desirable to a broad mix of customers and users in different languages
- A pixel perfect eye with a deep passion for creating thoughtfully designed applications
- Maniacal organizational skills - “Layer 1 copy” does not exist your design files!
- Extensive experience using prototyping tools (Invision, Principle, etc.)
- Manage your own task list and priorities
- Ability to thrive in an environment without regimented processes
- A courageous and positive attitude
- A love for cartography, augmented reality, and spatial data visualization
Your Portfolio Showcases
- Demonstrates a passion for interactive software design across a variety of platforms (web and mobile)
- Exhibits visual design breadth, attention to detail, and balances design, innovation and usability
- Shows experience in designing the user experience of a complex product
- Showcases the impact of your design throughout the development process from planning to execution
Compensation includes salary, benefits, and meaningful stock options. If you have these skills and are passionate about making a difference and joining a great startup team, we want to talk to you!
Work in our Oakland Office or Remote (USA or Canada preferred)
This is a full-time position at our Galactic Headquarters in Oakland, California. Our office is conveniently located in Jack London Square and is just a short walk from the Oakland Ferry Building (http://bit.ly/oak-sf-ferry) and 12th Street BART (http://bit.ly/oak-12th-BART) stations.
We will also consider a remote candidate as long as you are amazing! For time zone and collaboration purposes, we are most interested in North American candidates.
Posted 10 months ago