As the first UX Designer at Haystack, you will join the founding team and lay the groundwork for Haystack's design language and design team foundation. You will own the mission of creating great user experience for our customers.
Together with the team, you will work to improve Haystack's core experience and bridge the gap between customer needs and engineering, assuring that our design goals will be implemented as intended. As a Product Designer, you will have a tremendous impact on how the experience feels, looks and gets shipped.
We are looking for a generalist designer who has a breadth of understanding across all design disciplines, can look at a range of design tasks and understands the time/value relationship while prioritizing their efforts and working autonomously. The ideal hire is resourceful, energized by the idea of creating something out of nothing and ready to wear many hats.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Partner with founders and engineers to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and translate both qualitative insights and quantitative data into creative ideas and informed design decisions
- Collaborate and validate design solutions with our top customers to discover how to best translate their needs into features that shape our product.
- Represent design on the company leadership level, with significant contribution to roadmap, planning and prioritization.
- Shape Haystack design system
- Support growth and marketing efforts such as designing landing pages and email campaigns
- Become a mentor to future design roles and design interns, helping them grow their skills and practices.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong visual design skills. Experience with data visualization is a plus
- Experience designing and shipping complex B2B products informed by data and customer insights
- Ability to form clear hypotheses around design decisions and lay out a path to validate them
- Industry experience designing at every step of the development process, from research to post-launch
- Experience balancing long-term design goals with an Agile-based iterative approach
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create clarity