Sr. UX Researcher
We are seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher as we usher in a new project with great benefits to end users and society as a whole. You will be responsible for developing user personas and needs as well as documenting and testing of outstanding digital experiences for market leading solutions that validate and verify we are meeting those needs.
You will work to develop and follow industry best practices for running and documenting usability formative studies and qualitative assessments. In this role you will create and document personas, user journeys, surveys, test protocols, qualitative and quantitative data analysis. Your contributions will ensure a user centered development of products and services pre and post product launch. You will be responsible for preparing and administering usability studies of products for consumer use, home health, and/or medical devices. You must be extremely detail oriented and collaborative. You must also be positive, passionate and compassionate to ensure every struggle is handled by working through the problems, so our users won’t have to.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Adhere to and implement a usability rating system and testing protocol
· Develop questionnaires, ethnographic research protocols, and surveys for qualitative feedback and formative testing of products and services for consumer and medical devices.
· Create user personas based on target markets and qualitative research
· Run online testing and documentation of usability studies as well as focus groups
· Identify and organize quantitative feedback from analytics for apps and websites to share with design team for improvements and opportunities
· Communicate and collaborate on the value of features, or subtle joys of the user journey to a high standard internally so that all difficulties are handling in software and not by the end user
· Watch and sort through user video recordings with clear note taking. Splice and cut videos for executive summary and observation
· Maintain awareness of and share industry trends and platform best practices in human factors, usability and digital experience on iOS, Android, and web
· Ensure that accessibilities standards for each platform are meet
· Track cultural differences and risks for items, terminology and features
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelors Degree in human factors or related field, including study of human machine interface, user experience, user research
· 5+ years of experience in user experience research and design of human interfaces
· Proven success running usability studies for medical devices
· Proven work examples or projects running usability testing for mobile devices (iOS, or Android)
· Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Strong process orientation and documentation abilities
· Understanding of best practices including accessibility standards and human factor standards
· Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary
- When applying for this position, please include your resume as well as a portfolio (3mb or less) or a URL link explaining what parts of the project you worked on.
- Approximately 25-30% travel may be required.
Physical requirements/Work Environment:
This position is located in Irvine, CA. Sorry no remote options.
This position primarily works in an office. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. This position requires sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer display or other digital devices. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May require standing for extended periods when facilitating meetings, walking in the facilities. Some travel may be required so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.