Junior Product Designer
For this position, we are looking for somebody with a good understanding of clear design and a good eye for beauty, but don’t require extensive work experience or knowledge about specific UX processes.
atfinity is a fast growing fintech startup that enables banks to bring back good user experience to finance. Our mission is to develop software that puts users back in focus, which means user-centric design is an integral part of our success. Therefore, you will participate in conceptualizing great products from rough ideas to the final result. You will be a part of the whole design process from end-to-end. You will be challenged with complex problems and, in cooperation with our engineering and business team, develop effective and elegant solutions.
One of the key responsibilities of our Junior Product Designer is to move our product forward with the emphasis on interaction design, usability and visual engagement. Since we are a startup you will also ensure that all our presentations live up to our corporate design and support us in other day-to-day design activities.
- Make sure our user interfaces stay fresh and beautiful!
- Create the wireframes, customer journey maps, prototypes, and polished mockups needed to communicate potential solutions and vision (e.g., Sketch, Framer, InVision)
- Work closely with business and product teams to find effective solutions to complex UX/UI problems
We look for
- Proficiency in professional design tools like Sketch or Adobe CC
- Someone who sees the opportunity to grow together with a company and shape our future design team
- Someone comfortable with designing interfaces from both an UX and UI perspective
- An artistic mindset with a strong problem-solving mentality, keeping the concept and and product in mind.
- Team player who loves collaboration alongside developers, business people, and stakeholders
- Self-driven personality with a high degree of responsibility
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland (this probably means you are Swiss or an EU-27 / EFTA citizen)
- Fluency in English
- A very comfortable office in the heart of Zurich, a city with great quality of life in the center of Europe
- Competitive startup salaries (lower than corporate salaries, but more freedom and sense of accomplishment)
- That “startup experience” you have been looking for: you will know when stuff didn’t work as we expected, but we also celebrate our shared success
- A fridge full of soft drinks, smoothies, and snacks
- An endless supply of challenging problems and the resources to solve them
- A focus on continued education: we visit conferences regularly and have our own personal time and money budget to never lose touch with the forefront of technology
- A super fancy Italian coffee machine just a few meters from your desk
Bonus Points for
- A Degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, or a related field
- Experience in print design or illustrations
- Knowledge of Scrum / Kanban processes