Staff Product Designer
We are Owner
Owner is a rapidly growing early-stage startup servicing thousands of restaurants across the US.
We are generating millions of dollars in annualized revenue, growing extremely fast (20%+ m/m), and backed by ~$25,000,000 in venture capital from top investors like Altman Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Jason Lemkin (SaaStr), Kimbal Musk, Dylan Field (Figma), The Chainsmokers, Marcus Lemonis, Sam Bankman-Fried (FTX), and many more. So if you’re hungry for a fast-paced startup, Owner is the place for you.
Our mission is to give control back to restaurant owners, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachieving founder types who are deeply focused on and take personal ownership of building the future of restaurant technology for our restaurant partners across the globe.
There are a couple of things we look for across all hires we make at Owner, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and never stop learning. Second, we expect all to aim for mastery and growth. Because we’re growing exponentially, it’s an opportunity to scale yourself exponentially in experience, knowledge, skill, etc. Finally, we seek people who are founder-types—people who personally embrace the culture and product and take ownership of Owner, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to Embrace the Owner Mindset? Who you are:
- You focus on people. We can’t forget that we’re working with and building products for real humans. Empathy and knowing how to interact with them are key.
- You value radical candor. You’re both an engaging communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow. The ability to give and receive positive or negative feedback regardless of position or seniority is vital to maintaining a positive culture and personal development.
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and motivated to get there.
- You are constantly learning. The more you learn, the more valuable you are to those around you by sharing what you know.
- You’re as empathetic as you are intelligent. People don’t care what you know until they know that you care.
- You embrace flexibility. Technology is constantly evolving, and at times, our priorities do, too. It’s important to know when and how to pivot on the fly. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, which excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job. You’re looking for a startup. :)
- You have a high urgency. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you but empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces the opportunity to be pushed out of your comfort zone.
Job Duties: What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner strategically with Engineering and our supporting teams to drive team strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities.
- Own the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision and ideation, to prototyping, user testing, and final production.
- Be willing and able to do the light work. As part of a small team, you help build and maintain the design system, project files, and other miscellaneous product tasks.
- Partner closely with our Head of Design to create scalable design frameworks and solutions, map out priorities, and dream about the future of restaurant tech, the company, the product itself, and the design team.
- Provide mentorship and design feedback to future design team members
Job Requirements: What We Look For In You
- 7+ years of Product Design experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading design function across a product
- Ability to own end-to-end design process from initial concept to final implementation
- Mastery of your craft, including strong visual & interaction design skills, prototyping, and UX best practices
- Ability to collaborate and partner strategically with UX Research, Product, and Engineering to drive and influence product decisions and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Low ego and open-minded
- Bonus: Experience building products that are B2B but with a consumer aspect (essentially B2B2C)
- Work from anywhere. Work from wherever you want — whether that’s an office, house, or the beach.
- Healthcare coverage. We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, plus a monthly fitness stipend to use how you choose.
- Team retreats. We love building real friendships with everyone we work with, so we have an annual retreat every year to fun destinations. This allows us to deepen our friendships, celebrate our wins, and plan our future.
- Equity in Owner. We believe in owning what you do, so all full-time employees receive pre-IPO equity in Owner.
- Paid Time Off. Time away from work is important, so we’ve got generous, flexible PTO and sick leave.
- Benefits on the go. From meditation classes to a home office stipend, we set you up for success where you are and where you’re going.