Senior Product Designer Shanghai
As designers, we are responsible for re-inventing the world we live in. PHOENIX is a design and innovation studio creating smart and substantial brand experiences that make eminent business sense and which touch people – today, for tomorrow. Since 1987, products, interactions, and digital ecosystems have been created based on the fundamental values of Logic, Morals, and Magic. More than 800 design awards (1st place – iF World Design Index, Design Studios) confirm the quality and continuity of the worldwide work. Today, the team comprising 80 international experts at the Stuttgart, Munich, and Shanghai locations – together with its partners – are creating a joint vision of Smart Living.
What will you be doing?
- As (Senior) Product Designer you will autonomously direct the design and establish conceptual guidelines
- You will work closely with our international clients for all kinds of innovative products in the areas of consumer electronics, white goods and medical devices
- With your passion for human-centred design you strive to enhance our clients brands and lead meetings and workshops
- Moreover you will manage international projects from the initial ideas up to the final realisation and perform independently as project lead and client manager in close co-operation with new and established clients, such as Audi, BSH, Deli, Fraunhofer IPA, Haier, Hansgrohe, Huawei, LG, LUQEL, Rittal, Stiebel Eltron, Still, Trumpf, Vorwerk, Wilkhahn
What do we expect from you?
- At least 3 years of professional experience, preferably in an international setting (Experience on the Chinese market would be a nice add-on)
- Experience in client management, workshops, presentations and as project lead
- High level of creativity and passion about innovative product concepts and designs
- Deep technical knowledge
- Independent and cooperative functioning within the team
- Very good verbal and written communication skills (English and/or German)
- Chinese skills would be beneficial
- Strong knowledge of design processes and methods
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
What do we offer?
A super team that places great importance not only on competence but also on humaneness and a friendly way of being and working together. In addition, we conduct an extensive onboarding programme which will prepare you well for your new position, and you get a permanent job in a pleasant environment. A varied and challenging task as well as great regular team events.