Guideline is looking for a Product Designer to join the Design & Product team.
What will you be working on?
Operating as a Product Designer at Guideline is a compelling experience. We're reimagining systems that haven't been criticized in decades. Today's best examples are institutional and stale. Users can't develop proper mental models because the UX speaks to someone with a background in finance. What if you had the opportunity to change the way people approach their personal finance and thinking towards investments and retirement? What if you had the opportunity to rethink your own? What if company-sponsored financial benefits were actually benefits?
- Lead product feature design for companies and their employees end-to-end, from early discovery and prototyping to finalizing visual specs to handoff to engineers
- Be the design voice and executor on designated projects
- Conduct user research to uncover usability problems or validate designs
- Work closely with engineering, product management, and operations to stay on sprint schedule
- Ongoing communication cross-functionally with internal teams at Guideline
- This role reports to the Chief Design Officer
Design & Product is a lean team of 15 and we are just getting started. Guideline had few challenges in finding a market fit. The only challenge was/is having the product keep up with the demand. Regardless of the scale, this team remains true to the design and product-centric philosophy at Guideline.
- 3+ years of product design experience
- A portfolio that showcases your proficiency
- A proven track record in your personal approach to user-centered design
- Clearly communicate and present design decisions with solid rationale, user research, and data
- You know your way around Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite like the back of your hand
- Experience with Invision Studio
- Excellent eye and visual taste. We don’t know everything, so as a designer, you will be rightfully treated as an expert for anything regarding visual composition and/or interactive products.
At Guideline, we’re helping people save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn’t charge participants any fees on investments, regardless of the value of their assets or retirement account balance. And for employers, Guideline charges a low, flat rate fee per participant, in contrast to the asset-based fee model predominant in the industry.
With over 10,000 companies as clients and billions dollars in assets under management we are well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $59M to date with top-tier investors.