User Experience Researcher
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Position:
We’re looking for an experienced user researcher to help us understand and empathize with our Clients and Taskers so we can make informed and data-driven decisions when solving product challenges. The right person will have worked at several consumer-facing companies and have experience with a variety of research techniques in both qualitative and quantitative studies, and be able to create test plans, execute research, analyze results, and share them in an easy to understand format. This position will be a member of the Design Team but will collaborate cross-functionally with many other stakeholders to help inspire and inform the direction of our products. We believe strongly in the power of research and are excited to be adding this important member to our team.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Collaborate closely with Design, Product, Data Science, Operations, and other stakeholders to identify and prioritize research needs
- Design and conduct quantitative and qualitative research that addresses user behavior and attitudes, using the appropriate methodology
- Generate insights that shape how the product team thinks about both short and long term strategy and make product recommendations when needed
- Recruit and schedule research participants for remote or in-person interviews
- Synthesize and communicate insights to the company in written and verbal formats to inform business decisions
- Provide guidance to the design team on their own research studies
- Assist in the creation and upkeep of user archetypes and user journey maps
- Lead the effort in creating empathy and advocating for our users across all teams at TaskRabbit
- As needed, travel to our other markets or conduct remote research to understand the specific needs and behaviors of each locale
- 4+ years as a full-time researcher at consumer-facing product organizations
- Proven experience conducting research using various methods, with a portfolio that demonstrates research plans and results that showcase your contributions and impact
- Methodologies may include surveys, ethnographic field research, in-depth interviews, in-person and remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, and paper prototyping
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly present and articulate findings and analysis
- Degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, or similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
- Experience designing and implementing multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience working closely with data scientists/analysts a plus
You’ll love working here because:
The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.Posted over 1 year ago Apply Now