Lead User Experience Designer
If you are a UX Designer looking to to work on a tightly branded product where you have significant design influence and be close to your customers, we want to talk to you!
Upserve is hiring a Lead User Experience Designer who will own the product design lifecycle, delivering thoughtful UI/UX experiences that are ready for implementation and that enable Upserve’s customers to create great guest experiences. Upserve's Lead UX Designer is someone who is able to think about our product offerings holistically and who can lead our already well-established UX strategy. They operate at a high level but are also obsessive about the details of our products.
Note- this role is based in Providence, Rhode Island but offers flexible working arrangements.
- Work closely with product managers, product marketing, and engineering to deliver experiences that help restaurants operate more efficiently, deliver better hospitality and generate more profit.
- Lead brainstorms, research and testing, user journey mapping, design review sessions, and development of our design language.
- Manage design process and delivery end to end, including design asset management.
- Participate in user testing, A/B testing, and funnel optimization.
- Provide actionable feedback on design iterations.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement efforts related to product design.
- A strong portfolio featuring web and mobile interfaces with 3+ years of experience in visual design and or user experience design.
- SaaS experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Figma strongly preferred (Sketch, Adobe XD or Axure)
- Knowledge of Lean Design, HCD, or Design Thinking principles.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping software (Balsamiq, Principle, Figma) - tools for wireframing and prototyping).
- Strong understanding of the technologies that power our products (React, JS, native apps, CSS, etc. ).
- Experience managing design process and delivery end to end, including design asset management.
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing and funnel optimization (UserTesting.com, Optimizely, or others).
- Excellent communication, leadership and collaborative skills- you will run brainstorming, training and design review sessions.
- Ability to incorporate both quantitative and qualitative feedback into design iterations.
- A passion for helping local merchants leverage big data to grow their businesses.
- Experience with continuous improvement of processes.
What Upserve has to offer you:
- We put family first. At Upserve that means making the choices that are right for you and taking the paid time off you need when you need it. We know it’s impractical to assume that work never bleeds over into our personal lives, and vice versa. Instead of fighting to keep the two separate, we make sure that our perspective on family reflects the values of our employees.
- We’ll invest in your career. Upserve is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. Through our internal learning and development resources and our partnership with Vista Equity Partners, you’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We care about your wellbeing. We pay 100% of your medical and dental insurance coverage, offer tax savings plans for retirement and dependent care, subsidize your transportation costs, offer a generous and inclusive parental leave, and provide catered lunches/meal allowances.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. Our people matter! We don’t ignore the role that compensation has on motivation and performance so we strive to equitably compensate our people.
- We’re creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are a diverse group, so we’re building a team that is too. Through our various D&I recruitment partnerships, intramural sports, quarterly engagement and feedback surveys, and more. We’re building an organization that provides our employees with the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive by putting everything they need in one place. We are a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 57 million active diners, process over $12 billion in annual sales, and to serve over 36 million meals per month.
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve and we partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.Posted about 1 year ago Apply Now