Designer, Forbes Content Studio
Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
The award-winning, industry leading Forbes branded content studio is looking for a talented, driven designer. The studio produces high-volume, high-impact digital experiences – in collaboration with the leading brands of the world – that are seen by millions. This is a career-transforming opportunity for an ambitious creative.
Successful candidates will demonstrate sophisticated visual taste, a discerning eye for content packaging, empathy for the user experience, a meticulous dedication to detail and an enthusiasm to grow. This role is also highly collaborative, so clear communication and a winning personality are essential.
- Social Media
- Design and produce engaging, interactive Social experiences (e.g. carousels, gifs, videos).
- Analyze Social usage patterns to inform analytics-driven content and design decisions.
- Live Events
- Create design for interactive, multimedia virtual/hybrid live event content recaps.
- Collaborate with multiple Forbes teams to enhance the entire digital ecosystem for live events.
- Premium Content
- Craft compelling, user-focused designs across a range of content products.
- Recruit and hire talented, diverse freelance creatives.
- Crisply meet all deadlines.
- Closely collaborate with editors, client managers, fellow designers and many others.
- 2+ years of experience in digital/interaction design. Social media experience is a plus.
- Portfolio showcasing thoughtful solutions to design problems.
- Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for layout, hierarchy, typography and color.
- Proficiency in tools such as Sketch and the Adobe suite.
- Proficiency in responsive design (HTML/CSS a plus).
- Clear thinking, writing and speaking skills.
- A nimble, flexible, solutions-oriented mindset.
- World-class attention to detail.
- A love for learning!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Relevant Studio Work for General Reference
- Social Media
- Atlassian Video
- Hitachi ABB Video
- Otsuka Carousel
- Schneider Electric Carousel
- Live Event Recap Examples
- Power Women’s Summit
- CIO Summit
- Premium Content
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.