Group Creative Director, User Experience
Who we are:
Founded in 1978, GS&F is an award-winning, fully integrated marketing and communications agency. GS&F delivers proven results for clients, providing experienced marketing, creative, interactive, media, public relations and production specialists under one roof. GS&F staff numbers 90+ and our roster features major regional, national and global clients, including Bridgestone, LP Building Solutions, Juice Plus+, Nashville Predators, Jack’s Family Restaurants, Salata Salad Kitchen and the Tennessee Titans. A fiercely independent agency, GS&F takes an audience-first approach to determining the path to our client’s most dramatic business potential.
Who we are looking for:
Our UX team plays a pivotal role in creating memorable, engaging experiences for our clients. We are seeking a UX professional to join our team of highly skilled, multi-disciplinary experts to drive creative solutions across a range of innovative projects.
Do you have a forward-thinking and disruptive point of view of digital experience and the users that engage it? Are you an influencer, leader and nurturer of design culture and collaboration? Have you led interactive and/or product design, UI, UX or user research teams previously and have honed your mentorship and management skills? GS&F is looking for our next User Experience leader for the department and organization. As a Group Creative Director for UX you will take the reins of the agency’s interactive design thinking and UX strategy for the organization, collaborating with agency leaders in interactive and product development, creative, production, brand strategy and more.
You’ll likely need the following qualifications and experience to be successful in this role:
- You gotta have the chops. Although we believe that years of experience isn’t necessarily a good indicator of performance, it can imply that a candidate has put in the “reps” for a role. That said, typically someone in this position has 12–15 years of hands-on and leadership experience in the UX field.
- Must have held previous roles in leadership positions or roles with progressive responsibility in agency environments
- Must possess a mastery of the design process, be a student of the game, and marry emerging design trends with best-in-class thinking
- Your passion for “greatness” should be palpable, and candidates should be relentless in their pursuit of creating work that is disruptive while yielding results for the brand
- Thorough understanding of brand strategy, design, interactive and product development, media and content
- Proven experience with references to support managing, nurturing and growing dynamic UX design and strategy teams
- A wizard at conveying an idea, concept and/or strategy to senior-most client teams and in pitching scenarios
- An entrepreneurial leader who is eager to build a department, scale operations in tandem with other teams, and look for opportunities to provide strategic value to clients at every turn
- Understands the value that other disciplines within an integrated setting can bring and champions “best idea wins” thinking, no matter from whom the idea comes
- Strives to build healthy, trustworthy and productive working relationships with your partners in account management
- Isn’t afraid of voicing a dissenting or contrarian point of view, especially when it supports the brief, the creative idea or the business objectives of a project
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
There is power in celebrating who we are. GS&F is committed to embracing and welcoming past, current and future employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status and other characteristics that make our employees unique. After all, diversity feeds the best friendships because what makes you, you…makes us, us.
Because of this commitment and our commitment to improve, we have set important DE&I milestones and goals for our agency. To that end, you may be asked a question about your gender, ethnicity, disability or veteran status as you submit your online application. Rest assured we don’t have the ability to track your responses to these questions back to you, and it’s never considered as part of your candidacy for a position at GS&F. If we say we want to improve, we simply want to know we are actually improving.
We are only considering candidates that currently live in or wish to relocate to Nashville in the near future (first 90 days of employment).
As a full-time member of the GS&F team, we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision coverage
- 401K match
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Professional development opportunities and growth-oriented tools
- Support for mental and physical health
- Generous parental leave
- Relocation support