Product Designer (Contract)
DockYard is looking for a bright, motivated product design contractor to join the design team as a product designer at our remote digital product studio.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
Our ideal candidate enjoys using design thinking to understand problems in order to address them with intuitive solutions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams of designers, UX developers, engineers and client partners, among others
- Conduct research, co-facilitate workshops and help synthesize findings into actionable insights that help projects move from ambiguity to clarity
- Gather relevant data, existing insights, technical considerations, business objectives and user needs to design innovative solutions
- Take ownership of and responsibility for your work, from research and ideation to visualization and implementation
- Produce and iterate on multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing at a consultancy, agency, studio or digital product company; experience designing for mobile is a plus
- You believe in design’s ability to help individuals as well as organizations, and want to design inclusive, accessible products that improve lives while achieving business goals
- You are a clear communicator who can help establish guidelines, brainstorm concepts, explain your designs and convince others of your reasoning
- You are a perceptive designer who thinks about product design in terms of experiences, systems and flows before designing wireframes, screens and components
- You rely on research and insights to drive your design decisions whenever possible
- You are curious, creative, compassionate and collaborative
- You are proficient in Figma, including prototyping
- You can present prior experience building and working within product design systems
Contract, hourly (we generally bill 32 hours per week)
Remote (U.S. based only)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.