Senior Product Designer
Misfits Market is a mission-driven company offering a more sustainable alternative to the traditional grocery store model. We’re a high-growth startup hyper-focused on making high-quality food more affordable for more people. Since 2018, we’ve rescued more than 170 million pounds of food and made it accessible to millions of members across the country. Fixing a broken food system isn’t easy. It requires passionate and motivated problem-solvers ready to chart the course towards a future where food waste and exorbitant food costs don’t exist.
Misfits Market is looking for an experienced and motivated Product Designer to help shape the future of online and affordable grocery shopping for 300K+ diverse households around the country. You’ll be joining a small and highly collaborative Product team that oversees Customer/Shopping Experience, Growth Tech, Merchandising, Operations Product, and Enterprise Tooling.
As a Product Designer at Misfits Market, you will be responsible for contributing to our core, consumer-facing e-commerce experience (used today by hundreds of thousands of customers around the country). As a Product Designer, you will handle projects end-to-end throughout the product development lifecycle—from discovery and research > wire-framing > prototyping > QA > and iteration.
- Be a team member of a highly collaborative, small-but-mighty Customer Experience team.
- Pull best practices from the e-commerce industry while innovating in "misfit" ways that go against the grain.
- Work closely with the Product team and other teams like Brand Marketing, Strategy, and Growth.
- Interface closely with the Engineering team to collaborate on technical requirements and handoff detailed design specifications.
- 3-6 years of experience working as a Product Designer, UI Designer, or UX Designer.
- A proven track record of customer-facing product design experience, ideally across high-traffic and high-frequency e-commerce products.
- You have a strong knowledge of UI design, components, design principles, and best practices across mobile and desktop websites and apps.
- A strong knowledge of UX laws and best practices.
- A strong understanding of Figma and are familiar with Figma features and plugins.
- Experience taking projects end-to-end throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Experience conducting design research and building interactive prototypes with Figma, Invision, or similar tools.
- A portfolio of visually consistent and relevant web/mobile design work that you're proud to share with us.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in an agile team.
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work location with remote availability
- Monthly credits for Misfits Market
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits