Visual Designer, Intel
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. Because of that we’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and talent. Our culture was purpose-built to be remote first, and we offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. If you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology with a team that makes a difference every day, let’s talk.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a visual design leader to continue to build a strong visual identity for our Intel CrowdStrike products while carefully considering how both interaction and visual design impact the overall user experience. You’ll primarily do that by bringing your expertise in interaction, user interface, and visual design to our collaborative UX environment and by working with our marketing team to bring cohesion to our users Intel experience.
In addition, you will work with other designers to create polished, well documented visual experiences. You’ll also be an important voice in managing and growing our Intel illustrations, helping with new design experiences, including workflow, component creation and implementation, and instilling a culture of data-informed decisions.
You’ll work within the Intel UX team composed of designers, researchers, writers and QA as well as collaborating with engineers and product managers to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Intel specific design contribution
- Create visual, production-ready design components that follow product design standards and can be reused across the design team
- Organize and maintain a scalable design library for UX team using Figma and other design tools
- Collaborate with marketing design team to run a living design system for primary use by Intel and marketing
- Collaborate and contribute with Intel designers to modify design system components and creation of new components
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to advocate for user-centered experiences through visuals and communication
- Ensure designs and components are data-informed and collaborate with researchers to ensure the right experience
Interaction, User Interface, and Visual Design
- Work with marketing to establish a Intel illustrations within our brand guidelines
- Create original illustrations that reinforce our brand’s style or voice through its visual touch points
- Work with UX designers to iterate and perfect interactions, micro-interactions, and visual designs to create a polished, exceptional experience
- Design logos, icons and infographics
- Collaborate with UX designers to create meaningful UX artifacts for communication and user feedback, like storyboards and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with UX designers to create intuitive interaction patterns and information hierarchy
- Approach design with an expert grasp on best practices, accessibility, and design heuristics, and be able to clearly articulate design decisions
- Lead visual design direction and make decisions and suggestions for aesthetics when things become ambiguous; give thoughtful design critiques
- Collaborate with other UI/visual designers to build out appropriate workflows and create coherent experiences across products
You should apply if you have...
- An exceptional portfolio of visual, user interface, and interaction design
- A distinct point of view in design and a solid understanding of and ability to apply design heuristics and best practices
- A successful track record of leading work on design systems used by iterative product teams
- Design experience in an enterprise SaaS product or platform
- Illustration and animation skills as they relate to product UI design - you know when to inject them and how to use them to enhance, not hinder, the user experience
- An absolute passion for the UI and visual design piece of UX, along with a deep understanding of how it relates to and interweaves with the overall UX process (while you’ll collaborate with UX designers and be embedded in the process, this isn’t a UX design role)
- Experience in incorporating research into the user interface and visual design process, and driving data-informed decisions
You’ll get bonus points for...
- Deep knowledge of Figma and Zeplin, or other tools to create and maintain design libraries
- Remote work experience and collaboration across disciplines
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-friendly culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid Parental Leave, including adoption
- Wellness programs
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Open offices have stocked kitchens, coffee, soda and treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives that encourage new ways of solving problems, so we strive to attract and develop talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels seen, heard and empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Colorado the salary range is $111,982 - $167,972 + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.