Head of Design Operations
SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking an ambitious and creative Head of Design Operations to work closely with our Head of Creative in building a creative focused environment for our design team of 6, supporting the orchestration of individuals, processes, collaborations, tools, and team growth.
🚀 About SafetyWing
At SafetyWing, we have a strong connection between tech and product—we are all part of the product development, and we all participate in strategic decisions for the company. We believe this is the path to create great products.
We are a strong team of 50, our headquarter is in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed, stretching ten time zones (California, to Finland, to Singapore). We are on a mission to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone. We do this by creating simple health, insurance, and retirement products for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. A global safety net for everyone, everywhere.
Our current customers are digital nomads and remote startups.
🧑🎤 As our Head of Design Operations you will
- Enable high-performance collaborations between designers and their partners (eg. product ops, engineering, marketing)
- Represent designers from design requests/briefings to distribution of deliverables
- Remove blockers that are standing in the way of designers to design the most meaningful work possible
- Analyze and foster creative process and production style of each designer
- Ensure our creative teamwork creatively and effectively through onboarding, design reviews, approval process, and hiring
- Update our Notion pages including task (kanban) board and monitor design project statuses in order to flag any risks or dependencies
- Support user research and user interviews
- Manage version control, rights management, allocating resources, and the archiving of assets
- Administer, manage, and evolve design toolset
- Lead programs to drive team engagement, learning and development, and professional growth
- And ultimately make a product people love so much they tell their friends about, with a user experience that is both simple, fun, and beautiful
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Has experience in digital product design, graphic design, and/or people management
- Has design background and creative production experiences
- Masters and facilitates design thinking
- Loves design processes and enjoys taking care of the unique humans involved
- Understands the worlds and characteristics of different design functions (eg. product, graphic)
- Has sharp eyes for details (eg. pixels, points)
- Are experienced in logistics of printing designs, including physical products/merch QA
- Are an excellent communicator, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical audiences through written and verbal communication
- UX copywriting skills is a plus
💚 We like to work with people who
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- Think for themselves instead of copying others
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems
- Has strong integrity and do the right thing
🧘 What we offer
You will receive both salary and equity compensation, health insurance, laptop, a minimum of four weeks of yearly vacation, and during non-covid times we have three to four annual gatherings where you will join us, including attending a tech conference. The previous three gatherings were in Mexico, San Francisco, Slovenia respectively.
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!