Senior UX Designer (Remote)
At Soda, we’re on a mission to bring everyone closer to the data. We believe that all stakeholders in the data (and we think that’s everyone) should be able to understand it, trust it, and stay on top of it. We are pioneering the fastest-growing category in the data and analytics space, known as data observability. We allow teams to discover, prioritize, and collaboratively resolve data issues. Our integrated platform brings everyone closer to the data, resulting in data products and analytics that everyone can trust. We’re an international team, headquartered in Brussels, Belgium and dispersed globally.
To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a: Senior UX Designer
Who are we looking for?
As a UX Designer at Soda you’ll get your hands dirty in all steps of our product development flow: from ideation through prioritization and delivery. We're experiencing rapid growth and are looking for a Senior UX Designer to add to our growing product team.
As our UX Designer you will work very closely with Product & Engineering to release beautiful, easy-to-use features that meet our users' needs. You will also have a high degree of ownership and input into the product design development process..
As Senior UX Designer, your main tasks will be to:
- Build, execute and own the design process end-to-end. This includes integrating product design as an important step in our product development process and maintaining the overall quality of our products.
- Develop and own the product design system. You will be deeply involved in translating design intents into reusable, delightful, and consistent components and page layouts. You get ownership of the design of our product and will proactively maintain its high quality.
- Create new product designs. Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, low and high fidelity mockups.
- Define our user personas. Collaborate with the Product Management team to define our user personas and bring focus internally.
- Conduct UX research and testing. You will be responsible for conducting user research to better understand user behaviours, needs and motivations through observation techniques and task analysis and based upon those results propose UX improvements.
What experience should you have?
- At least one successful and sustained tenure as a UX Designer in a hypergrowth SaaS environment. Experience with data would be a plus
- Experience with building design systems, patterns and/or component libraries.
- Skilled in visual design and able to demonstrate your expertise through scenarios, design concepts, and low- and high-fidelity mockups.
- Experience with modern design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Zeplin), prototyping tools (e.g. InVision, Principle), and project management tools (e.g. Asana, Github)
- Experience in working with self-steering teams which include both engineers and product managers.
- Experience with data would be an advantage
Who should you be?
- Being able to proactively take ownership of everything relevant to product design within a company.
- A collaborative, team-focused mindset and be comfortable with a fast shifting environment.