UX Designer (iOS)
UX Designer (iOS)
Lose It! is looking for a UX Designer to help improve the experience of our top-rated iOS app. We’re looking for a self-starter with a blend of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills that loves trying new ideas and iterating until the design is just right. An ideal candidate is empathetic, resourceful, and has a strong point of view. This person is a problem solver that can rally stakeholders around their designs. This role will report to the VP of Product and work directly with product managers and engineers to deliver effective, easy-to-use experiences to our members. Come join an exciting environment where you can design a product that helps millions of users live healthier lives.
This full-time position is located in our Boston office (currently remote, with plans to be in the office two days a week by Summer 2022).
What will you be responsible for?
- Create designs for new features of our iOS app while working closely with product managers and engineers
- Understand the value behind product decisions and design for usability
- Identify design gaps and inconsistencies in our iOS app and become an advocate for design quality
- Collaborate with the Android UX designer to ensure parity and clarity across platforms
- Establish iOS design standards and conventions that make front-end development more efficient
What are we looking for in a team member?
- 2+ years of experience designing iOS apps
- Advanced knowledge of user-centered design principles
- A good grasp of iOS design standards and conventions
- Demonstrable fluency with Photoshop or Figma
- Deep understanding of interaction design in addition to aesthetics
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to adjust designs to technical feasibility
- Ability to manage through conflicting priorities, ambiguity, and conflict to deliver great designs
- A positive attitude and the ability to resolve issues with best practices
- Someone who lives the Lose It! Values of being Purpose Driven, Humble, Inclusive, Transparent, An Owner, and Results Oriented
- Experience working with consumer-facing apps is a plus
- Passion for health and wellness is a plus
If you’re ready to apply, send your resume and a quick intro to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject.