Product Designer, HBP Incubator
Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) is an idea-driven company with a commitment to improving the practice of management. We're a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University serving customers across three primary markets: educational institutions, corporations, and individual managers.
The Product Designer is an integral member of the Incubator, HBP’s internal innovation team. He/she/they will work with internal cross-functional teams, external consultants, and startups to create innovative digital learning and media experiences for the consumer, corporate and higher education markets. The Product Designer will work on multiple projects creating and iterating on new designs and prototypes from concept through MVPs and beta releases.
The Product Designer will help drive innovation across the organization. He/she/they will create solutions by incorporating human-centered design, user research, and experimentation. He/she/they will work with teams to create new products and services, increase organizational capabilities and learnings, and explore new technologies, audiences, and channels.
What you’ll do:
- Provide interaction and visual design solutions for teams working on innovative products and ideas for the Harvard Business Review, Corporate Learning and Higher Education market groups. Execute design from the concept stage to proofs-of-concepts, betas, and MVPs.
- Ideate, develop, and iterate on prototypes and participate in user testing and interviewing.
- Design research.
- Provide specs for developers when needed and overseeing tech’s execution of design.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in design or equivalent through experience and/or design bootcamps and similar programs.
- 3-7 years of professional experience.
- Experience designing high-fidelity mockups and responsive web and app rapid prototypes. Experience iterating based on user feedback.
- Proficiency with visual design tools (Figma, Sketch or equivalent)
- Familiarity with prototyping software and no/low code prototyping tools such as Proto.io, Balsamiq, Bubble, Adalo or similar software.
- Ability to learn new systems, software, and processes quickly
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
What we offer:
As a mission-driven global company, Harvard Business Publishing is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion, trust, and engagement where everyone is welcome, valued, respected, and feels they belong. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer meaningful programs focused on career development and employee wellness, such as education reimbursement and early-release Summer Fridays!
Note: we will consider remote applicants for this role but those based in the Boston area will be asked to follow our hybrid work schedule, with two days in the office each week.