Senior Product Designer
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our growing team and be part of the next big thing in social reviews.
Who are we?
Franki is a video-review platform that aims to create a new standard in reviews and recommendations.
We are more than just a utility. More than just a list. We are a trusted source of information that is built on user-generated content that is created by our community of passionate foodies and adventurers. Making deciding where to eat, drink and play, easier and more fun than ever before.
With local businesses at the core of everything we do, franki offers a suite of tools that enables local businesses a cost-effective solution for attracting and engaging new customers.
We are a remote-by-design early-stage startup with backing from top-tier investment firms. Created by a fun, thoughtful, passionate, and diverse team that spans around the world. With some of our employees being media and tech veterans with decades of experience in digital and media, video production, cryptocurrency and fin-tech platforms.
Our Ideal candidate
You're a Senior UX/UI Designer with 6+ years of experience designing complex, multi-step workflows in an applied product, user experience or interaction design role. You place the user at the core of all of your designs and have the ability (and want) to work in a fast-paced environment founded in spirited fact-based debates. With the ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds in both written and verbal form.
In this role you will have the opportunity to help shape the product(s) for our business, consumer and creator user groups. This role will be key to franki’s strategic goals where user experience and easy to use features will become our differentiator. Working closely with the Head of Product and the Head of Engineering, you will lead all aspects of UX and UI design for specific projects from ideation through to implementation with the goal of delighting our users.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and overall user experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Improve user experience by conducting research and user testing
- Improve and maintain a design system
- Work with and mentor our current design team
- Improve team process
- Promote UX culture and drive ongoing continuous improvement across the UI
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong online portfolio of design & UX projects
- 6+ years of professional experience
- End to end UI/UX experience in a multi-functional team
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- Experience on B2C mobile projects
- Experience in design system creation/management
- You have extensive knowledge of user-centered design practices and contemporary design tools and know-how best to apply both
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility
- You are experienced in independently conducting user research using a variety of different methodologies
- You enjoy being a part of both the conceptual ideation and the rigorous execution of bringing a feature to life
- You value outcome over output and understand the role of an iterative design process to measure progress toward the desired outcome. You thrive on collaboration and leading your partners through a shared design process that is structured around delivering high-value user experiences that meet our business goals
- You have a passion for beautiful and detail-oriented UI design and value the importance of thoughtful and consistent UI
- You have no qualms about feedback and thrive in a respectful and growth-minded environment
- You are comfortable and excited about putting on different hats of all shapes and sizes-- we’re a small startup!
Good to have
- Experience working on B2B projects with complex form
- Experience working on two-sided marketplaces
- Experience working on consumer-facing mobile applications
- Experience in team management
This role will be remote, and hours will need to be somewhat flexible as Franki has teams in Los Angeles, Manila, and Sydney. If you are based in LA, there may be sporadic days where we mutually agree to meet in the office to brainstorm/ workshop any projects.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on a new two-sided marketplace that plays both in the B2B and consumer mobile space, at the ground level.
- Possible opportunity to extend the contract or become full-time
- Opportunity for growth and advancement as we grow and build the team over time
- Competitive remuneration package