About the role
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
User-centred design is in our DNA. We know the best way to create compelling, easy to use products that consumers love is to truly understand our users needs, wants and desires. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to deliver the very best experiences for all users of Lantum.
You will develop product plans, perform research and create exceptional interface design - documenting user behaviours, driving product research and delivering outstanding designs to your squad.
You will work with a Product squad, consisting of Product Designers, Product Managers, Frontend and Backend Developers. You’ll participate in the whole product development lifecycle - from identifying user needs, fast solution design, through testing of early prototypes, to remote usability tests, workshops with users and analysing data.
You’ll be a champion for how great research and design can enable the best business outcomes.
Please note: we have adopted a hybrid working environment, and our ideal candidate will be able to join the rest of the team in the London office at least once per week (Wednesday)
The role involves:
- Research and planning: leading user research and participating in product planning to understand problems our users have and define solutions. Conducting competitor research and desk research to discover design solutions to business problems. Chasing needs-based innovation and producing world-class, quality experiences.
- UX and UI design: creating designs for products and features, from low-fidelity sketches and wireframes through to polished interactive prototypes and demos. You’ll use tools like Figma, FigJam and any others you’d like to introduce the team to.
- Visual design: getting involved, where relevant, with visual design and branding, including icon design, visual storytelling elements, and supporting our marketing team.
- Developing our design system: developing and iterating UI components in our design system, including icons, navigation, fonts and colours. You’ll take into account different platforms (web, native, desktop, mobile) while tackling accessibility and technical constraints.
- Collaboration and reviewing: you’ll collaborate closely with stakeholders, users, product managers and developers to present your work and gain feedback. You’ll also actively participate in reviewing other designer’s work giving you the opportunity to develop feedback and coaching experience.
- Developing a design culture: you’ll share inspiration, techniques and design thinking to help the team stay fresh and knowledgeable in all aspects of design. You’ll also champion design throughout the business, helping non-designers understand and value good design.
- 👩🎨 Extensive experience in product design, UX and UI design roles, demonstrated by a strong portfolio
- 📱 Experience designing native iOS and Android apps
- 📈 An ability to solve real problems through design, demonstrated by examples of projects or features that have had a measurable impact on the business or organisation
- 🎨 Strong aesthetic ability and visual taste, resulting in work that is powerful and beautiful to behold
- ✍️ Typography, colour, illustration, photography, icons, branding… you are all over this
- 🔬 An exceptional eye for detail and a precise, accurate approach to creating design work
- 🛠 A master of Figma! Demonstrable experience in building Figma design systems and maintaining an evolving Figma ecosystem
- 👩🔬 Expert experience in user research techniques such as evaluative research, user testing & focus groups
- 🤹 Comfortable collaborating with different areas of the business, such as commercial, marketing and development teams
- 🏞 A personal interest and passion for visual creativity, be it art, product design, graphic design or photography
- 💬 Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- 🚀 Drive to collaborate within a squad and willingness to take bold decisions when necessary
- 😀 A great team player with a strong sense of humility