User Experience Interaction Designer
AVP, User Experience Interaction Designer
As a UX Interaction Designer at Synchrony, you will join Synchrony’s scaled agile teams and partner with CX, marketing, development, and process owners to conceptualize and develop engaging web, mobile, and tablet experiences for our strategically significant core customer-facing applications. The candidate will be responsible for leading projects, setting strategies, providing estimates and project plans, creating and presenting designs and collaborating with user researchers, designers and programmers. Additionally, the candidate will act as a champion for user experience by providing thought leadership.
We’re proud to offer you flexibility! This position is eligible to work remote, where you will work from home, and may require you to occasionally commute to one of our hubs for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. Remote candidates will be considered who live near any Synchrony hub including: Alpharetta, GA, Chicago, IL, Costa Mesa, CA, Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Altamonte Springs, FL, Charlotte, NC, Dayton, OH, St. Paul, MN or Phoenix, AZ.
- Develop site maps, scenarios, flows, wireframes and prototypes of web, tablet and mobile user interfaces (UI)
- Drive the design review cycle, synthesize feedback, and close on design requirements independently
- Support and leverage results from ongoing user research and usability testing efforts
- Work with product owners and leaders to help shape product strategy
- Act as an advocate for the end user’s experience
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members and managers
- Be a part of daily/weekly agile ceremonies and present work to peers as needed
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 3-year user experience, information architecture, interaction design experience, or equivalent academic experience, or a BLP UX rotation
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, graphic design, psychology, marketing or information technology or similar area
- Demonstrate working knowledge of interaction design documentation (site maps, transaction flows, sketches, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models, design patterns) for digital products
- Experience working on agile teams (desired)
- Willingness to travel as needed, up to 25%.
- Experience working on agile teams
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 70,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.