UI Motion Designer
The Group Design Studio is a global Centre of Excellence providing Vodafone Group and local markets with strategic design guidance with a vision to “design innovative experiences people love and connect with”. We strive for experience excellence using the double diamond design methodology and principles. The team collaborates with product, marketing, and technology to increase the value we bring to both our customers and our business.
As a UI motion designer, you are an integral part of our design team and an expert practitioner who influences and collaborate with designers building digital products. You love problem solving, confident to embrace the unknown, and you are able to work cross-functionally in distributed teams. You are part of a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the technology industry and share our focus on user centred design and a passion for learning and experimenting.
You will support product development squads, responsible for driving motion design as a critical element in the user experience, improving motion design assets over our design system, and continue building the holistic UI motion design framework. You have experience working in agile teams, driving forward product goals and metrics, building engaging products and working with design systems. You always search for improvements to products and services and work with the squads to implement them. You develop meaningful and delightful animations while ensuring the brand direction and user's needs are always centred in the experience. You provide animation concepts and other design elements, ranging from prototypes and presentations visualisation to style-guides documentation.
• Work closely with the UI Design Team Lead to design high-quality user interfaces and experiences on behalf of Design Studio
• Strong ability to represent our customers and advocate design thinking in squads, delivering high quality motion designs, championing Vodafone brand and our design principles
• Responsible for the motion design language and principles, working with Product Owners and UI Designers in multiple squads towards product goals.
• Design and develop motion design to contribute to our flagship products & services, Source (Vodafone’s Design System) and the different design studio initiatives.
• Drive innovation via motion design concepts to support Design Studio as centre of excellence.
We would like you to have:
• Extensive visual and motion design experience (>4 years), preferably in an agency environment, with some industry recognition and at least 1 year experience working on user interface\product design.
• Solid understanding of user-centred design, UX principles, best practices and how motion design can improve the user experience.
• Extensive experience in prototyping and translating UI animations & micro-interactions into specifications for product development.
• Comfortable with a broad range of visual styles, animations and cinematic narratives.
• Demonstrate proficiency communicating throughout the design process while formulating high-level motion design frameworks.
You Must Have:
• A degree-level education (or equivalent) in design, fine art, digital media, graphic design, product design or industrial design.
• Strong experience in After effects, Principle and\or Framer, Axure.
• Knowledge of web and app best practices involving device performance and technical constraints.
• Experience in a commercial product, service and/or telecoms or technology company.
What's in it for you?
• 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
• Flexible working
• Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
• 5 paid days leave for charity projects
• MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
• Vodafone family and friends discount
• Interest free commuter loan
• Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning